The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I looked just yesterday, maybe Monday, and it still said out of stock.

·
Super Moderator
27,249 Posts
Now, did they put a bypass valve in that thing or do you have to depend on some contraption in the filter cap or whatever?

Second question: Do they have a spin on filter adapter for that so one can get a new bypass valve with every filter change?

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
It's for '14+, so the bypass isn't part of the adapter base.

Reactions: Sienile and Jeepman

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
2,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I looked just yesterday, maybe Monday, and it still said out of stock.
It was in stock when I posted it. Added one to my cart and when I got home and ready to type in my card info, it's gone. Oh, well. I'm not in a big rush to get it, else I would have spent my lunch break trying to type up my card number on my phone. :p

Beware though, the fact that these sold out so fast means that prices will likely be higher once they get back in stock.

Reactions: UN4GTBL

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
14,573 Posts
If you really need one, and this part is already out, go to your local Advance Auto parts.

Look for the manager and ask him to order that part direct from the warehouse that supply the parts to them. Not all the employees can or know how to order directly from the wholesale supplier (not from Advance's warehouse, but from their suppliers).

I used to buy all our racing parts, directly from their supplier.

Usually you get the part next day.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
2,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
The same is possible at Autozone, O'Reilly's, and probably other major parts stores. My local Autozone's district manager was just bragging the other day about how she could get some hard to find parts that weren't even listed on their site. Think she was dreaming when she thought she could get that '15 F-150 valve body control wire frame that had been discontinued.

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
14,573 Posts
The same is possible at Autozone, O'Reilly's, and probably other major parts stores. My local Autozone's district manager was just bragging the other day about how she could get some hard to find parts that weren't even listed on their site. Think she was dreaming when she thought she could get that '15 F-150 valve body control wire frame that had been discontinued.
Yes, but doubt autozone have the same access.

They have different suppliers. Advance gives employees more authority to order direct while other places have to order direct from their own warehouses.

O'Reilly's employees can not order direct from their suppliers either.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Funny this bit about Advance.
I accepted a pile of new, forgotten parts for cleaning out cuz's garage; all from Advance with receipts.

I took 'em to my Advance for exchange and selected their top shelf brake rotors -easily doubling the price of the returned items.
Delivery took one entire overnight.

The parts were A1.
An auto tech friend in another state ALWAYS bought his parts at his Advance and always got the best stuff.
And no, I have no connection with AAP.

·
Registered
Lancia Voyager 2013 3.6 Model 2014 with BRC
67 Posts
I have just replaced one, is it common to happen again? I did install the latest version of the part...

·
Registered
145 Posts
Any details -parts source, part number, who did the work, etc. are appreciated.
It'd be grand if anyone knew the percentage failure rate of this part.

·
Super Moderator
27,249 Posts
Any details -parts source, part number, who did the work, etc. are appreciated.
It'd be grand if anyone knew the percentage failure rate of this part.
It's for a 2014+ apparently but likely could be used for the previous problem prone years, if it bolts down okay and the cooler fits? 2014+ was a redesign and should be better built than previous years so I don't expect the failure rate to be high. Better not be.

Reactions: UN4GTBL

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I think this newer adapter can be used on all 3.6L, but you have to make sure to also get the newer cap and use the newer filter.

Reactions: UN4GTBL and Jeepman

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
2,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Yes, but doubt autozone have the same access.

They have different suppliers. Advance gives employees more authority to order direct while other places have to order direct from their own warehouses.

O'Reilly's employees can not order direct from their suppliers either.
Maybe they have different suppliers, but they all can order parts from their suppliers. The guy at the O'Reilly's even told me where their local supplier was when I needed some rare part years ago (the fitting for my trans drain plug). He didn't have a driver available to go get it, so he let me go myself.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
2,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I think this newer adapter can be used on all 3.6L, but you have to make sure to also get the newer cap and use the newer filter.
You also need the 2014+ cooler block if you have the older model. The way they attach to the main body of the cooler is different.

Reactions: Jeepman and UN4GTBL

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
14,573 Posts
Maybe they have different suppliers, but they all can order parts from their suppliers. The guy at the O'Reilly's even told me where their local supplier was when I needed some rare part years ago (the fitting for my trans drain plug). He didn't have a driver available to go get it, so he let me go myself.
You don't understand, never will.

Local suppliers are not the big guys.

Big guys will not allow customers in their warehouse.

I could tell you who the big guys are, but since you know it all, better not.

Manufacturers ship to those "big guys", then big guys ship to retailers like Advance, OReilly, RockAuto etc.

They don't sell direct to shops either.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
2,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Local suppliers are not the big guys.
Unless you live in a major metropolitan area and international hub like I do. :rolleyes: And as I said, they didn't sell directly to me, I bought it through the store. I just picked it up myself.

Reactions: User6573

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
14,573 Posts
Unless you live in a major metropolitan area and international hub like I do. :rolleyes: And as I said, they didn't sell directly to me, I bought it through the store. I just picked it up myself.
I don't call a city with population of 30,000 a major metropolitanarea.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
2,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Not talking about the actual "suburb" I live in, but Atlanta; which is 12 miles from city center to city center from the shop I work at, even less from my shop to the warehouse. 524k+ within the city limits, but who cares. We all know you're just being a troll now.

Reactions: beat_truck

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
14,573 Posts
Not talking about the actual "suburb" I live in, but Atlanta; which is 12 miles from city center to city center from the shop I work at, even less from my shop to the warehouse. 524k+ within the city limits, but who cares. We all know you're just being a troll now.
I know O'Railly perfectly. Employees can only get parts from other stores, not from their suppliers, much lessvsent customers to pick up parts from their suppliers.

But it is ok, we all know you always win.

I just gave ideas so others can get their parts, but you instantly jumped so everybody think you already knew it + more.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts