The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased 1995 T&C from brother-in-law, key fob unlocks doors only momentarily, then they immediately lock again. To open door have to lift latch during half second that door lock knob is up, before it goes down again and locks. Other problems are the radio has no display of time or stations, and the overhead info console doesn't display. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks. Germarie.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Is the button on the key fob sticking? Take it apart and clean it to see if that's it. Does the same thing happen with the door lock?

Some cars have a time-out feature which will re-lock the doors if they are not opened within a certain time after the key fob unlocks. Maybe this needs to be reset. Could check the owner's manual, or do an online search for how to program it.

Don't know about the radio, but I just posted a list of radio repair places:

The trip computer/compass in the overhead console probably has one or more failed capacitors on it's circuit board. These lead a corrosive substance. May be able to fix it with new capacitors, or it may need more extensive work. Note that the trip computer module is year-specific, so one from a different model year, even if it looks identical, probably won't work.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I had the same thing suddenly start happening on my '94 AWD Grand Caravan. It was a number of years ago. Not 100% positive but I seem to remember all I did was to clean the contacts for the sliding door. As soon as all 4 contacts for the sliding door were clean, all the door locks started working normally again.

2 of the contacts are stationary. They are mounted about halfway up the front of the sliding door opening.

The 2 other contacts are on the door. They move with the door and make contact with the stationary contacts when the door is closed all the way.

I can't remember if the other doors have similar contacts or not but it would be worth a look.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts