The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

181 - 194 of 194 Posts

·
Drivin' Maniac
1,802 Posts
Mechanics will let your brake caliper, including bracket where applicable, hang by the hose when doing repair work.

Is that a thumbs up :thumb::thumb: or thumbs down :bad::bad: when that practice is used on your vehicle?
:smashfrea:smashfrea:smashfrea from me. Every shop manual I've ever seen cautions to support the caliper assembly and hydraulics.

That said, I've often seen both dealer and indie techs let the caliper dangle by the hydraulic hose. :lalala:

·
Super Moderator
22,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #182 (Edited)

·
Super Moderator
22,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
Nobody taking de bate? :) The 4th generation, with the touring package, is the best looking minivan out there.

·
Super Moderator
22,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #186
Nobody taking de bate? :) The 4th generation, with the touring package, is the best looking minivan out there.
Looks better than the Swagger Wagon:

·
Super Moderator
22,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
Transmission overfill, good, bad or ugly?

The Effects and Signs of Too Much Transmission Fluid

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
10,614 Posts
Transmission overfill, good, bad or ugly?

The Effects and Signs of Too Much Transmission Fluid

If they don't know how to spell, then they don't know what they are talking about.

Don't listen to those guys.

·
Super Moderator
1,893 Posts
If they don't know how to spell, then they don't know what they are talking about.
What in particular did they misspell?

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
10,614 Posts
What in particular did they misspell?

In great shape or in great shop?

Or maybe is a word I don't know.

See, people in different areas use different words, for example, in Texas, we know this device as Water Fountain. Texans find funny people in Wisconsin call the same device Bubbler.

I believe bubbler would be more correct.

·
Super Moderator
1,893 Posts

In great shape or in great shop?

Or maybe is a word I don't know.
Oh now I see, I wasn't looking at their other articles, I only looked at the article Jeepman linked.

So I guess if you can't trust people who make minor spelling errors (or in this case a typographical error) then many of us here cannot be trusted.

For example I often discover that I typed "you" when I meant "your", and you often type "tick" when you meant "thick", especially when discussing oil. So I guess we can't be trusted either.

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
10,614 Posts
Oh now I see, I wasn't looking at their other articles, I only looked at the article Jeepman linked.

So I guess if you can't trust people who make minor spelling errors (or in this case a typographical error) then many of us here cannot be trusted.

For example I often discover that I typed "you" when I meant "your", and you often type "tick" when you meant "thick", especially when discussing oil. So I guess we can't be trusted either.
Not the same posting on forums.

Anyways, I don't believe overfilling a transmission cause any problems.

I also found an error on one of their statements:

Water level is important to insurance companies. Most insurance companies will write off a car if the water got to the dashboard. The dashboard contains vital electronics that are expensive to replace. That doesn't mean you can't recover your car, but your insurance company will need some assurance that the damage isn't a total.

·
Super Moderator
22,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #193

Don't listen to those guys.
I know of a person, high up in politics, that can't spell. :)

·
Super Moderator
22,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #194
181 - 194 of 194 Posts