The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello. Our 2015 T&C was locked in park with the shift indicator stuck in R. Aftrer releasing the shift lever it would only go in a low gear without changing the indicator from R. After a scan there were 14 error codes. Unhooked battery and left overnight. Hooked up battery and everything appeared to go back to normal with only 1 code (cruise control brake switch) showing. It returned to its previous state after several hours. Unhooked battery, re-hooked battery the next morning and it appeared normal for a few hours without any codes, then went back to 14 error codes, engine would run rough and not cut off immediately after removing key. I am going to replace cruise control brake switch and hope that helps however brake lights work and cruise control switch works, I know just 1 error code can set off multiple codes which makes it difficult to locate the actual problem. Does anybody have any suggestions? Thank you.
Error codes-P0571-Cruise Control Brake Switch, SCP(J1850)-Invalid or missing data, P258A-vacuum pump control, P0957-Auto shift manual mode, SCP J1850-Invalid of missing data, U110A-Unknown, U014- Lost Communication with body Control.,P0706-Transmission Range sensor, P2533-Ignition Switch Position, P0480-Fan Control, P0882-Control Module Power Input, P0627-Fuel Pump Control, U012Comm with ABS, U0151-Lost Comm with restraints.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
2,437 Posts
Mentioned 14 codes, but lists 0. Start there.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
2,437 Posts
Seems like it's most likely a TIPM issue. It seems the TIPM (BCM) is losing communication with the PCM, resulting in many PCM circuit failures. The TIPM is the only module that communicates in high and medium speed CAN, which you have errors on both systems.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seems like it's most likely a TIPM issue. It seems the TIPM (BCM) is losing communication with the PCM, resulting in many PCM circuit failures. The TIPM is the only module that communicates in high and medium speed CAN, which you have errors on both systems.
Thank you Sienile.
So it could be bad connections, fuses, relays? I will also check the battery due to it going dead overnight.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
2,437 Posts
If you have a battery that's barely hanging on, that could do it. Get it charged up good and see if it works. Check the voltage while it's running to make sure it's charging. If not, you might have and issue with the alternator control circuit. That would also cause a battery to go dead over night.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you Sienile.
So it could be bad connections, fuses, relays? I will also check the battery due to it going dead overnight.
My wife’s Grad Caravan done the same thing. I replace the battery and it has done it the first time in over 6 months.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
2,437 Posts
Guessing you meant to say "hasn't done it". That would be great if it's just a dying battery. TIPMs are expensive and you have to be very careful to pick a similarly optioned van to get a used one from.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update- Charged battery and had it checked by Millikan Battery, Apopka, FL. They said it holds charge however the charge is dropping pretty fast.
Re-installed battery. T&C starts and seems to run fine. 1- code-B210D-engine code-unknown issue.Will check engine again in the morning.
Hopefully the battery being weak was the problem. (It is an AAA battery that was installed from a service call almost 3 years ago.) and I will have the charging system checked as soon as it is safe to drive it to Millikan. Thanks for everyone's help however, I may be back on here tomorrow am.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
2,437 Posts
B210D - Abnormally low voltage.

Battery is bad. Sounds like a dead cell.

Reactions: Oscarphone

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update- Started right up. Battery voltage was 12.34 v/14.4 with engine running. Scan still shows B210D error code. Going to have the alternator checked now. A new battery might help however I don't think AAA will replace it if unless there is a major battery problem. AAA says no to almost any question I ask them. Thank you.

·
Registered
2009 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4.0
691 Posts
Did you clear the code before re-starting it?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Friday AM- Battery dead again. Installed new battery and all the problems, error codes are back in full force.P706-Transmission Range Sensor, P2533-Ignition Switch Position, P0627-Fuel Pump Control, P0882-Control Module Power Input, B201D-Engine Code, P0571-Cruise Control Brake Switch, SCP (J1850) Invalid or missing data for U110A-Engine Code, U110A-Engine Code, P0957-Auto Shift Manual Mode, P258A-Vacuum Pump Control, Lost communication with body control-U0141, SCP(J1850) Da_ this T&C is very frustrating.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
2,437 Posts
If they come back after a clear you'll need to replace the TIPM.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
2,437 Posts
Not necessarily a dealer, but someone that's "mechanically un-inclined" won't have a scanner capable of initializing it.

Dealer will force you to install a new one. That's big money.

A good shop can get a used one off a similarly equipped Caravan and install it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Not necessarily a dealer, but someone that's "mechanically un-inclined" won't have a scanner capable of initializing it.

Thank you Sienile. Will start calling shops. Do you think getting the dealer to do their $149 scan will at least tell me what the problem is?

·
Registered
2019 DGCGT flex fuel, 15K miles.
333 Posts
I believe I've seen threads that "cured" their TIPM problem by drying moisture or repairing corrosion on the wire harnesses connected to it! Might be a good idea to do an inspection yourself first. That could give you more information than a scan.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
2,437 Posts
Rick brought up some good points. Checking for corrosion and moisture are definitely something you can do yourself. If you find some, that could be the source of your problem. I doubt it is, but definitely won't hurt to check; and would save quite a bit if it is it.

The dealer won't do anything more than scan for codes and look for obvious issues for their inspection. The codes you gave tell me that it's definitely an issue with the TIPM or its wiring. Since its wiring is very well protected that's unlikely (unless the above mention corrosion which still isn't super likely).

Reactions: Rick54301
1 - 20 of 55 Posts