The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

4141 - 4160 of 4192 Posts

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
11,014 Posts
A minivan is the best people-hauler for the demographic called parents-with-kids-and-all-their-crap.

People who buy a new minivan is because they need it.

People who buy a new sub is because they like it.

People who buy an used minivan is because those things are cheap.

·
Super Moderator
23,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,142
To Minivan Basher; :)

I buy minivans because I like them. They are a RAM 1500 and Chrysler 300 all rolled up into one.

I don't buy sedans because they are too low and with limited utility. In accidents they get the worst of it..

I don't buy SUVs because I don't need 4WD (my Jeep fun vehicle has that) and they are cramped, look short, and they proliferate the highways and parking lots like "little boxes on the hillside". Every time I see a SUV, I spit. :)

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
11,014 Posts
To the minivan lover:

I don't buy SUV's because I don't really like them, well, I might buy one when I find one that I really like.

I don't buy sedans either.

Every time I see a minivan I... oh, never mind.

Wonder why your nic is J*****n (removed some letters to protect your identity) and not Minivanman, are you ashamed of people knowing you are a minivan lover?

·
Super Moderator
23,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,144
Ashamed I am, for being so value conscious. :)

·
Super Moderator
23,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,145 (Edited)
:coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee:

Speaking of being value conscious, how about being valve conscious?

Ford Canada recalls 54,000 vehicles for valve issue

N.L. woman arrested for refusing to self-isolate after talking to police

·
Super Moderator
23,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,146

Watch: What happens to your suspension when you hit a pothole

Ford and FCA announce plans to resume production after Easter weekend

People who attended St. Patrick's Day event may have been exposed to COVID-19

Trump looking to put troops near Canadian border amid coronavirus fears

Antagonistic, or what? Why, oh why, would a Canadian want to go to the US right now, with all this COVID-19 stuff going on? Not even a barbecue at LEVY's would get me to cross the border. :)

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
133 Posts
this is the first time i opened this thread and clicked to the very end and i see the few posts above ^^ :LOL::LOL:
I am a minivan lover too, in most of north american, if there's a place you want to go, there is bound to be a road to take you there that's either paved or gravel, that you don't actually need AWD and a diff lock, and that an average daily driver will handle. And even if you do get a truck or a jeep, how much time will you actually be on roads that you actually need it? Now ripping on those roads for fun is a different story, but I'm sure no one would like to get their van stuck on a muddy road or a river, or well after seeing some things on here I wouldn't be surprised with some people....
With my van, I've taken it all the way to Mexico from Canada and back with 5 people on board, and crammed with travel stuff like tents bikes kayaks and all sorts of other things, and used it to transport concrete bags and old/new building supplies, but also the daily driver to and from work. Does better on gas then a truck with way more cabin space and a little worse on gas then a car, perfect spacious vehicle for someone who can't decide between a car and a truck! It can do mostly what they can do!

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
11,014 Posts

Trump looking to put troops near Canadian border amid coronavirus fears
Antagonistic, or what? Why, oh why, would a Canadian want to go to the US right now, with all this COVID-19 stuff going on? Not even a barbecue at LEVY's would get me to cross the border. :)

Only US citizens can travel to Mexico and came back by road. USA citizens cross the border daily to buy food and cleaning supplies that is not available in the USA side.

Mexican nationals demand Mexico to close their borders to US citizens.

Very few cases of coronavirus in Mexico but thousands in USA.

Mexican nationals are now demanding his president to "Build That Wall", only 6 feet taller, to stop the tall gringos from climbing it.

·
Super Moderator
23,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,149
:) ^
So that's what this coronavirus is all about, to get the Mexicans to build the wall, as Trump so con artistly propagandaed during his election campaign. And to be able to blame Chinna to boot.
Holy smokes, what's next?
:)

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
11,014 Posts
...if there's a place you want to go, there is bound to be a road to take you there that's either paved or gravel, that you don't actually need AWD and a diff lock, and that an average daily driver will handle. And even if you do get a truck or a jeep, how much time will you actually be on roads that you actually need it?
Does better on gas then a truck with way more cabin space and a little worse on gas then a car, perfect spacious vehicle for someone who can't decide between a car and a truck! It can do mostly what they can do!
Then, you'll see Jeep owners installing snorkels, but most for show only, they are afraid of getting their vehicle wet.

There are some who doesn't really care about gas mileage, so a big pick up truck would be a better option.

Some times you need a pickup truck for other than bad roads.

·
Super Moderator
23,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,152
A wall between USA and Canada, I would think. :rolleyes:

We can't even get a pipe line across the country, forget about a wall, even for feral hogs.

·
Super Moderator
23,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,154 (Edited)

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
11,014 Posts
Great swimmers.

They are indeed.

Something very strange, I believe they can even smell under water.

Sometimes, just for fun, I throw some corn into a muddy water, hogs will quickly find and eat the corn, they leave small rocks alone.

Any explanation?

Like this one, is looking for something to eat:

·
Super Moderator
23,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,156
Rocks don't taste good.

·
Super Moderator
23,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,158
Have you ever heard the story of rock (stone) soup?

It was delicious.
Tell that to a feral hog and he will probably attack you. 🐷

Yes, I have heard of stone soup, overdosed on it once, got stoned. :)

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
11,014 Posts
My brother works at one of the biggest slaughter house in USA. They are working at full blast.

He told me, as of yesterday, eight people were confirmed COVID-19 while they were working on the line.

They process over 2000 animals per 8 hr. shift.

I would imagine this is happening at all food processing facilities.

Scary.

·
Super Moderator
23,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,160
Are those feral hogs starting to sound appetizing? :)

4141 - 4160 of 4192 Posts