The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

3861 - 3878 of 3878 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,861 (Edited)
:coffee::coffee:

Interesting times in Thailand. What is going on in the auto industry?

Buyers flock to Chevrolet showrooms for cheap cars

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
10,555 Posts

Interesting times in Thailand. What is going on in the auto industry?

Buyers flock to Chevrolet showrooms for cheap cars

Thailand's auto industry is........

Wait, who really are you?

·
Super Moderator
22,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,863
I like Thai food and Ovaltine too (chocolate flavored). :)

You have to expand beyond Texas LEVY. :)

·
Super Moderator
22,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,864

Common household cleaners can trigger asthma in children

HONDA RECALLING 2018-2020 ODYSSEYS OVER SHORT-CIRCUIT FIRE RISK

FORD RECALLING 228,000 VEHICLES OVER POTENTIAL REAR SUSPENSION BREAKAGE

TOYOTA WILL RECALL 3.4 MILLION VEHICLES WITH POTENTIALLY DEFECTIVE AIRBAGS

ARE CHEAPER CHINESE-MADE WINTER TIRES A SMART CHOICE?

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
10,555 Posts
ARE CHEAPER CHINESE-MADE WINTER TIRES A SMART CHOICE?
We've been using Triangle Chinese tires on most the trailers we make, including trailers for transporting crude oil and fuels, no complaints so far.

Many customers even request Triangle tires on their equipment.

If safely used on the oilfield industry, I believe Chinese tires must be good.

From your link:
Not recommended, but not NOT recommended
....Chinese-made winter tires have been available in Canada for over 10 years now. However, you may not know that there are over 250 different tire-manufacturing companies in existence in China, some of which – Triangle for example – are among the world’s biggest. So why are so many people hesitant to give them a try?

....For example, Triangle Tyres, which produces 25 million ties per year, is an official supplier for Nissan, Volvo and even GM in Asia.
This is what we use on our trailers:

·
Registered
6,786 Posts
We've been using Triangle Chinese tires on most the trailers we make, including trailers for transporting crude oil and fuels, no complaints so far.
I never heard of the Chinese tires are even available in Canada... I never saw any ad... :unsure:

·
Super Moderator
22,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,867
Saliun is another big Chinese Manufacturer.

Miron, most tires sold in Canada these days are likely Chinese, especially on used vehicles.

·
Registered
6,786 Posts
Miron, most tires sold in Canada these days are likely Chinese, especially on used vehicles.
This is a different story... most likely Michelin or Good Year are also Made in China... I never heard of any Chinese brand name like Triangle that Levy mentioned.

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
10,555 Posts
This is a different story... most likely Michelin or Good Year are also Made in China... I never heard of any Chinese brand name like Triangle that Levy mentioned.
When tou happen to be on a truck stop, look at those truck tires, many use Triangle tires, cheaper and good quality.

·
Registered
6,786 Posts
When you happen to be on a truck stop, look at those truck tires, many use Triangle tires, cheaper and good quality.
I don't think they are advertising truck tires on TV or radio... and of course, I am not looking to buy truck tires... that explains why I am not aware of them...

·
Super Moderator
22,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,871
The Chinese tires don't get advertised much. It's all about cost. They may be advertised with other tires at a tire shop in a good, better, and best category. They would be the "good" ones, like Saliun Ice Blazer WST1 for example.

Sailun Winter Tire Review - 2014

Canadian Tire sells Chinese made Tires too. In the fine print, next to the rim, will be the place of manufacture.

·
Registered
6,786 Posts
Canadian Tire sells Chinese made Tires too. In the fine print, next to the rim, will be the place of manufacture.
What brand? I might need some cheap tires soon... do they have 'all seasons' too?

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
10,555 Posts
Triangle tire seems to be mainly for trucks:

·
Super Moderator
22,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,874

·
Registered
6,786 Posts

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
10,555 Posts
Today, refreshing Nitrogen in my tires.

This machine would do an automatic purge of all four tires, then fill with 42 lbs. of nitrogen (three times).

·
Super Moderator
22,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,878
3861 - 3878 of 3878 Posts