Super Moderator
22,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,804
LEVY: Teacher unions employ same tactics as 23 years ago

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
10,618 Posts
Talking about school system.

Do you know that it is a lot easier to get a job as a school bus driver than a cattle truck driver?

At least in Texas. Texas requires school bus drivers to hold a class B commercial driver's license if you are driving a yellow marked school bus.

You don't have one? don't worry, school district will allow you to take the driver license test in one of their buses.

How about experience? don't worry, Texas doesn't require any experience as a bus driver. Try yo get a job as a cattle truck driver without any previous experience.

What if you don't pass the class B driver license test?

Don't worry, Texas school district will allow you to start working transporting kids in a unmarked van.

Unmarked vehicles should not be used to take kids in a regular route, just for special events, but don't worry, parents doesn't know it, they doesn't know their kids are being taking home/school in a unmarked van because that driver doesn't have a class B driver license.

Marked buses are required to stop at rail road crossings every time, but unmarked vehicles are not required, so they just don't do it.

And lastly, school bus drivers are required to turn alternating lights when loading/unloading, except when loading/unloading at school, but most drivers doesn't know it, they turn those lights on at school too.

·
Super Moderator
22,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,806
That's weird. So, what qualifications does one need to drive a chicken truck, a pilot's license? :)

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Try yo get a job as a cattle truck driver without any previous experience.
The eternal problem oh new immigrants: how do you get your first job in the new country? 😡 of course, previous experience from other countries is not recognized...

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
10,618 Posts
The eternal problem oh new immigrants: how do you get your first job in the new country? 😡 of course, previous experience from other countries is not recognized...
You are up on something.

School bus driver doesn't need experience, they can start as school bus drivers, then, once they accumulate enough experience, move to transport very valued animals instead of moving not very valued kids.

Problem solved. 😄

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
10,618 Posts
That's weird. So, what qualifications does one need to drive a chicken truck, a pilot's license? :)
In Texas, you need a class A license to transport chickens.

To transport kids, just need a class B license.

To drive your own vehicle, you need a class C license.

A & B are commercial licenses, A being the highest, you can not drive a semi-truck with a class B license.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
You are up on something.

School bus driver doesn't need experience, they can start as school bus drivers, then, once they accumulate enough experience, move to transport very valued animals instead of moving not very valued kids.

Problem solved. 😄
From what I see on the roads, the school bus drivers are some of the worst ones... speeding, cutting off... they should be the safest ones but actually the opposite is true about them... I am lucky in a way that my daughter did not get a school bus because we live a few hundred meters out of the covered area... and as a result, she is walking every morning 3.7 Km for almost 3 years now... according to their 'logic' who live closer to the school do get a bus and who live further away does not! When the weather is too bad to walk, we are ordering a taxi.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Do you know that there is not minimum age to get a airplane pilot license?

Under 16 can not fly solo, but a 10 Y.O. kid can fly accompanied.
I hope that reality is different ;) that's insane...

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
10,618 Posts
Do you really think that a 10 year old kid can pass the test to get a pilot licence?

Yes, there are many instructors willing to help kids get their license (for money, of course).

Unfortunately some parents want their young childs to brake records:

Time ago, a friend of mine who is a certified instructor wanted to teach my 11 Y.O. son to fly. He would teach my son for free. My answer was no, thank you.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Unfortunately some parents want their young childs to brake records:
I understand but learning to fly des not guarantee they would get the license... who is testing them must be nuts to let them pass it... it's not just about skills but the responsibility that comes only after a certain age... if I could decide I would not let anyone get a driver's licence before 18... luckily the way it's working in Canada with our gradually license system, they can not drive alone until 18...

·
Super Moderator
22,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,820
I ordered some parts from RockAuto last Thursday evening, the 6th. They arrived early afternoon today, the 11th. Two of the parts were sourced in Maspeth, New York, the other in Phoenix, Arizona. Both shipments went through Memphis, then to Mirabel (Quebec), then to Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, then to me. FedEx all the way. They arrived together, in two separate packages.

Why Memphis, seems very indirect?

The parts arrived with taxes and customs already paid, the courier guy just handed me the packages, turned around and was on his way. Everything was in good shape. Very simple and expedient plus saved a few $ compared to buying locally.

Why Memphis? The answer is interesting.

3801 - 3820 of 3952 Posts