The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

3641 - 3660 of 4193 Posts

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
Hope your storm today isn't too severe.
I noticed lately how they are exaggerating the weather conditions... 15 cm is not so much to call it a major storm...
They just said that Monday morning it will be VERY cold with temperature dropping to minus 5 degrees... really? Since when minus 5 in the middle of January is VERY cold? -25 degrees would be very cold... minus 5 is pretty mild in January... this is not Florida or Mexico 🤠

Should be some good discounts on winter tires now. Bout time some people replaced theirs. :)
No way :) They work very well because unlike others I know how to use the other steps except for 'D' ;)

PS: Notice how LEVY treats his seat belts? :)
I believe the belt in the picture is not the seatbelt, right Levy? :unsure:

·
Super Moderator
23,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,644
If you can see at least one of the ends, then is not a seat belt.

Anyone can guess the main purpose of that belt?
To keep the rear hatch latch in place? :)

·
Super Moderator
1,923 Posts
...Anyone can guess the main purpose of that belt?
To hold your cargo in place long enough for you to shut the liftgate?

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
A: to prevent things breaking the rear window

B: to prevent things falling out when you open it on arrival
That's right and... to ensure you cannot use your interior rearview mirror 😎

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
11,021 Posts
All answers are correct (kind of).

A: to prevent things breaking the rear window

B: to prevent things falling out when you open it on arrival
Can you see both ends of the "belt"?

To keep the rear hatch latch in place? :)
Correct, my vehicle is so packed, that I was afraid the latch could be dislodged due to the incredible high pressure.

To hold your cargo in place long enough for you to shut the liftgate?
That is part of the answer, but not quite.

That's right and... to ensure you cannot use your interior rearview mirror 😎
Interior rearview mirror? who needs one?

I have some very heavy boxes, for safety and to prevent those boxes from damaging other merchandise in case of a havy braking, I placed those boxes at the very front, but about 12" away from the front seats.

Well, that "belt" is holding those boxes from moving forward. Then, as you can see, I had some extra "belt" left, I used that extra belt to keep thing from falling.

·
Super Moderator
23,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,648
I was thinking you might be setting up a place for Achmed to hang out so he could scare away any Cartel that were in pursuit.

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
11,021 Posts
Talking about cartels, we just went through a cartel checkpoint, about a block long. Everything ok, they are just scanning for rivals.

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
11,021 Posts
Now that Pelosi has impeached Trump, she will become his stooge
By Kyle Smith
January 18, 2020 | 9:58am
The Democrats’ masterful House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has walked right into President Trump’s impeachment trap. Trump will win in the Senate, and hang the loss over her head.

The Democrats' masterful House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has walked right into President Trump's impeachment trap. Trump will win in the Senate, and hang the loss over her head.Michael Reynolds/EPA-EFE/REX; Getty Images
The more Nancy Pelosi tries to get people to take her seriously, the more ridiculous she is. During the impeachment vote, it was, “Everyone will take us seriously if we all just wear black.”
For an entire month after that, it was, “Everyone will take us seriously if we withhold the articles of impeachment from the Senate.” This week, it was, “Everyone will take us seriously if we have a solemn procession across the floor of the Capitol.” No? Not that? How about fancy ceremonial pens? Would that make anyone take them seriously? Any takers? Nancy stopped just short of ordering commemorative plates from the Franklin Mint to see if that might convince America we’re in a Very Serious Crisis.
Pelosi lost this fight before it even started because there was never any chance Trump would be removed from office by the Senate.

Source:
https://nypost.com/2020/01/18/now-that-pelosi-has-impeached-trump-she-will-become-his-stooge/amp/

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
Now that Pelosi has impeached Trump, she will become his stooge
By Kyle Smith
January 18, 2020 | 9:58am
The Democrats’ masterful House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has walked right into President Trump’s impeachment trap. Trump will win in the Senate, and hang the loss over her head.

The Democrats' masterful House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has walked right into President Trump's impeachment trap. Trump will win in the Senate, and hang the loss over her head.Michael Reynolds/EPA-EFE/REX; Getty Images
The more Nancy Pelosi tries to get people to take her seriously, the more ridiculous she is. During the impeachment vote, it was, “Everyone will take us seriously if we all just wear black.”
For an entire month after that, it was, “Everyone will take us seriously if we withhold the articles of impeachment from the Senate.” This week, it was, “Everyone will take us seriously if we have a solemn procession across the floor of the Capitol.” No? Not that? How about fancy ceremonial pens? Would that make anyone take them seriously? Any takers? Nancy stopped just short of ordering commemorative plates from the Franklin Mint to see if that might convince America we’re in a Very Serious Crisis.
Pelosi lost this fight before it even started because there was never any chance Trump would be removed from office by the Senate.

Source:
https://nypost.com/2020/01/18/now-that-pelosi-has-impeached-trump-she-will-become-his-stooge/amp/
It's about time for her to go home for good and stop all this nonsense! They lost, get over it already! Disgusting!

I like this definition: stooge = a performer whose act involves being the butt of a comedian's jokes :D

·
Super Moderator
23,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,653 (Edited)
I do, as it covers the blind spot on the passenger side after I attached a wider one :)
:coffee::coffee:

I think you have other blind spots. :)

When I look at all the construction of office buildings, apartment buildings and condos going on around Halifax these days, it baffles me. Where are all the people coming from to occupy the additional space?

My conclusion: It's illogical, there has to be an alternate universe, or maybe even a multiverse.

I feel similar, although different, about the political world. :)

Check those blind spots. Ha, ha (y)

:coffee::coffee:

·
Super Moderator
23,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,655

·
Super Moderator
23,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,657
So, you are chilling out there.

Any surf clams? :)