·
Super Moderator
22,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,605

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
10,174 Posts
Question:

When connecting two batteries in series to obtain 24 volts, what would be the ideal voltage differential between both batteries at time of installation? Why?

You are permanently installing batteries on a equipment that requires 24 volts.

Anyone?

·
Super Moderator
22,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,608
Question:

When connecting two batteries in series to obtain 24 volts, what would be the ideal voltage differential between both batteries at time of installation? Why?

You are permanently installing batteries on a equipment that requires 24 volts.

Anyone?
Afraid to respond. Might end up on a video saying I'm a dumb blond. :)

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
10,174 Posts
Afraid to respond. Might end up on a video saying I'm a dumb blond. :)
No much information on the net, correct? 😄

You are part of that blonde video already:

Very few people know, but when connecting batteries in series, you should make sure both batteries have a charge of same voltage, within 1/10 of a volt or less if possible.

So, before you connect the batteries, make sure both batteries are within that range, you don't really need a volt meter to do it.

·
Super Moderator
22,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,610 (Edited)
No much information on the net, correct? 😄

You are part of that blonde video already:

View attachment 57175

Very few people know, but when connecting batteries in series, you should make sure both batteries have a charge of same voltage, within 1/10 of a volt or less if possible.

So, before you connect the batteries, make sure both batteries are within that range, you don't really need a volt meter to do it.
So, what do you do, hook them in parallel first?

PS: That doesn't look like me. I have more blond hair than that poser. :)

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
10,174 Posts
When replacing batteries on a 24v system, always replace them in pairs.

Some time ago, I was a EastPenn dealer. I worked mainly on 24v systems. They recommended if one of the batteries fail after the first 30 days, replace both batteries.

Every now and then one of their batteries failed shortly after installation. Eastpenn would replace both batteries for free, even if one was perfectly fine. They never asked me to return the failed batteries.

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
10,174 Posts
Page re-direct.

Just to let you guys know.

This site uses skimresources.com services.

Every time you click a link on this page, the page will first direct you to https://go.skimresources.com/ , that website will collect information from your device, it will then redirect you to the page you intend to reach.

skimresources.com:

• “What does Skimlinks do on Skimlinks Enabled Sites? … a JavaScript file will be downloaded to Users’ Computers when they view Skimlinks Enabled Sites (or any other web page viewed using Publisher Toolbars).” Source [Sorry to pop your bubble, but I believe that’s what we’re blocking. Oops! – Ed.]
  • “Depending on which of the Skimlinks Tools has been enabled via the Publisher Hub, this JavaScript file will do the following:
    • Collect and store information about links that Users click on…
    • Collect and store information about Skimlinks Enabled Sites (or any web page viewed using Publisher Toolbars)…
    • Drop a Skimlinks cookie when a User visits a web page or clicks an outbound link, so we can record anonymous information about the pages, links and Merchants visited by Users across our Publisher network…
More on skimresources.com:

If you block skimresources.com this site will not allow you to follow any external link.

Every time you click a external link, this site makes money.

·
Super Moderator
22,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,615
Page re-direct.

Just to let you guys know.

This site uses skimresources.com services.

Every time you click a link on this page, the page will first direct you to https://go.skimresources.com/ , that website will collect information from your device, it will then redirect you to the page you intend to reach.

skimresources.com:

More on skimresources.com:

If you block skimresources.com this site will not allow you to follow any external link.

Every time you click a external link, this site makes money.
I don't like the functionally either. The link replaces the site you are at, if linking within the Forum.

Try this link: Quick Fixes

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
I don't like the functionally either. The link replaces the site you are at, if linking within the Forum.

This is not a problem, use the right button of your mouse and chose 'open link in a new tab' ;)

·
Registered
6,710 Posts

This is nota problem, use the right button of your mouse and chose 'open link in a new tab' ;)

·
Super Moderator
22,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,619
This is nota problem, use the right button of your mouse and chose 'open link in a new tab' ;)
Thanks. You are so right, but it should do it automatically, like Google News does..

3601 - 3620 of 3673 Posts