The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Why not on top instead?

Super Moderator
Is it possible to carry a 10' kayak inside the 2001 minivan with the seats removed?
Are you talking Grand Caravan? Are you considering taking out the front seat?

Apparently an Old Town Dirigo 106 will fit inside a Grand Caravan per this site: http://www.paddling.net/Reviews/showReviews.html?prod=1150
I kept going back and forth between the Wilderness Pungo 120 and The Old Town Dirigo 106. I liked the Fact that the Dirigo had the 3-way adjustable seat and the easy access rear hatch that can be opened while sitting in the kayak! (At this time the Pungo still had the Rubberized rear hatch seal, not fun to seal even when out of the Kayak!) Also the Dirigo could fit inside our Dodge Grand Caravan along with the Perception Sundance 9.5 and CLOSE THE REAR DOOR! So I went with the Dirigo!

fix it if you can
In a 119" - LWB (grand caravan) minivan, 10' lumber fits just fine as long as you stick it between the front seats all the way up to middle console... kayak will depend on its width (beam).

Registered
I measured 2M30 (91") from the back of the frontseats to the backdoor with backdoor closed in my 2002 Grand Voyager, which seems not enough for a decent Kayak.
I would transport Canoe/Kayak on the top of my roof.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Minivan Sport utility vehicle

Registered
Just wanted to add this info here, recently picked up 2 Kayaks that are 10鈥 long each, both fit inside the 2014 Grand Caravan with seats stowed, and front of Kayaks up between front seats of the van. Back was able to fully close.
Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design

--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
Welcome.

This is an old thread, but this might help others anyway.

Bet you might be able to squeeze a third one if you really want it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts