The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a vendor for body repair panels? Specifically I am looking for 2nd Generation rear wheel opening patch panels to take care of a little corrosion I'm starting to get. Also, the bottom of my rear door is rusting at the bottom. If there's a repair panel for that I'd like to consider that too. NY winters are brutal on cars! I did a few web searches but didn't find what I was looking for. JC Whitney used to carry stuff like this but their website was pretty much useless. I looked at other sites I thought might have them but no luck.

Rob

·
Registered
29 Posts
We have not been able to find anyone who is actively selling body panels for these vehicles. I guess still too new to be considered "classics", and too old for regular aftermarket parts to be available.

Our solution for replacement body panels for our '91 Grand Voyager, after an accident a couple of years ago, was to buy a nearly junked (barely running) '91 for $300 from a title pawn shop which had foreclosed on it. Turns out it had no fan, and overheated immediately, so we got it towed to the body shop for them to use as a parts source.

I did later find a '91 Grand Caravan at a Pull-A-Part, but have not found them at "regular" junk yards, which tend to send 2nd generation Chrysler minivans to the crusher. Note that Pull-A-Part lists the vehicles it has on a given lot online. However, in cold climates you might not find vehicles with body panels without rust.

I'd like to find an unbent hood, but every one I've seen (including on the junker we bought) had the same problem as ours: some mechanic (or more than one) tried to close the hood with the prop-rod in place and damaged it. Ours is now starting to really crack at the point where it got bent.

Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts