The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I turn the auto door lock off on the 2013? I managed to do it on the 05 but the 13 owners manual just talks about changing the way it unlocks not the way it locks.

The auto unlock feature with the door handle will kinda solve the problem but would rather turn it off if I can. Hate getting out walking around to the passenger door only to find it is still locked.

·
Registered
164 Posts
did some searching found this suppose worked on a 12 so may work??? not sure what they mean buy ignition button top??

remove the ignition button top, fasten seat belt, insert the FOB, turn the FOB to the Accessory position and back to the Off position, repeat this four or five times rapidly. On the last repetition, leave the FOB in the Accessory position and quickly hit the Lock button on the driver's door

Can I turn the auto door lock off on the 2013? I managed to do it on the 05 but the 13 owners manual just talks about changing the way it unlocks not the way it locks.

The auto unlock feature with the door handle will kinda solve the problem but would rather turn it off if I can. Hate getting out walking around to the passenger door only to find it is still locked.

Reactions: UN4GTBL

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya, what the heck is the ignition button top, weird description for whatever it may be..

·
Registered
230 Posts
Ignition button top would be the cover of the button on the dash that you press to start the car. This presumes that your 2013 has the proximity key fob and the push to start button (maybe all 2013s have that style of ignition, I don't know)

Also is your van equipped with an EVIC. There may be a way to adjust the settings in the personal settings section of the EVIC menu.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My 2013 doesn't have a start button, uses the keyfob just like the 2012's. It does have the EVIC system but no mention in the manual of the auto lock function. It tells you how to turn off the auto unlock feature but that all it talks about. I haven't actually played with the EVIC to see if it has any undocumented settings.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Try this one!

1. Enter your vehicle and close all doors.

2. Fasten your seat belt. (Fastening the seat belt will cancel any chiming that may confuse you during this programming procedure.)

3. Place the Key Fob into the ignition.

4. Within 15-seconds, cycle the ignition Key Fob from the LOCK position to the ON/RUN position a minimum of five times, ending in the ON/RUN position (do not start the engine).

5. Within 30 seconds, press the driver’s door lock switch in the LOCK direction.

6. A single chime will be heard to indicate the feature has been disabled.

7. To reactivate this feature, repeat the above steps.

8. If a chime is not heard, the program mode was canceled before the feature could be disabled. If necessary, repeat the previous procedure.

·
Super Moderator
6,469 Posts
My 2013 doesn't have a start button, uses the keyfob just like the 2012's. It does have the EVIC system but no mention in the manual of the auto lock function. It tells you how to turn off the auto unlock feature but that all it talks about. I haven't actually played with the EVIC to see if it has any undocumented settings.
The EVIC should have a setting in there that you can customize a bunch of stuff - like power delay time, lights on, honk on lock, etc

·
Registered
404 Posts
Yep, I can confirm this key cycling procedure worked to disable the auto locks on my very basic 2013 DGC SE model.

I posted a thread on it with a link to the steps back in August 2013.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep, I can confirm this key cycling procedure worked to disable the auto locks on my very basic 2013 DGC SE model.

I posted a thread on it with a link to the steps back in August 2013.
Good to know, thanks everyone.
Right now it is about 9 deg outside and us Okies are not use to single digit tempratures. When it warms up a bit and the salt gets washed off the streets I'll play with it. For now I'm driving my beater pick up.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Try this one!

1. Enter your vehicle and close all doors.

2. Fasten your seat belt. (Fastening the seat belt will cancel any chiming that may confuse you during this programming procedure.)

3. Place the Key Fob into the ignition.

4. Within 15-seconds, cycle the ignition Key Fob from the LOCK position to the ON/RUN position a minimum of five times, ending in the ON/RUN position (do not start the engine).

5. Within 30 seconds, press the driver’s door lock switch in the LOCK direction.

6. A single chime will be heard to indicate the feature has been disabled.

7. To reactivate this feature, repeat the above steps.

8. If a chime is not heard, the program mode was canceled before the feature could be disabled. If necessary, repeat the previous procedure.
Just used this trick on my 2015, worked great thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts