The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 2011 Limited with the running boards on it, but I don't like them. I got long legs and big feet and that just makes it a little uncomfortable for me to step out past them...but not so uncomfortable that I'm willing to spend $400 to replace them with new sill cladding. Anyone want running boards who's willing to trade out their old sill cladding/do a swap? Located in NJ and willing to drive a little bit to make a trade. Or, if anyone has any ideas that don't involve spending a boat load of money, I would love to hear that as well. Can't find them at any local junk yards.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
2,702 Posts
Might get more views in the For Sale and Items Wanted forums.

Have you tried searching on Car-Part.com? It's a junkyard database and they might know places you're unaware of. It lets you search their inventory for specific parts, though I'm not sure door sill cladding is on the list, but you'd at least be able to find all the vans you could get them from and call up the yard.

Hope you find someone to trade. I too am long legged and hate when I get customers with running boards and have to step over them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Might get more views in the For Sale and Items Wanted forums.

Have you tried searching on Car-Part.com? It's a junkyard database and they might know places you're unaware of. It lets you search their inventory for specific parts, though I'm not sure door sill cladding is on the list, but you'd at least be able to find all the vans you could get them from and call up the yard.

Hope you find someone to trade. I too am long legged and hate when I get customers with running boards and have to step over them.
Thank you,

I have tried car-part and have used it before for hard to find parts on other cars. I'm still calling around, but am putting out feelers here as well. I chose to post it here instead of the For Sale or Items wanted section just because those two forums don't look like they get a lot of traffic. I'm not thinking there are a lot of people actively looking for running boards on the car either, but figured maybe someone would come across the title and go "Oh hey, that sounds like something I might like". It's an odd request. Thank you again for your input.

·
Registered
19 Posts
have pics? my wife has been complaining its hard to get in the van. not sure what sill plates you mean though, pics could help. In NY so not too far.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I got a 2011 Limited with the running boards on it, but I don't like them. I got long legs and big feet and that just makes it a little uncomfortable for me to step out past them...but not so uncomfortable that I'm willing to spend $400 to replace them with new sill cladding. Anyone want running boards who's willing to trade out their old sill cladding/do a swap? Located in NJ and willing to drive a little bit to make a trade. Or, if anyone has any ideas that don't involve spending a boat load of money, I would love to hear that as well. Can't find them at any local junk yards.
Too bad I wasn’t closer, I might take you up on that. Had thought about putting some on but haven’t found any local. Nobody around has any! I’m just looking to dress my 2013 up a bit and I am getting older as well.;)

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
2,702 Posts
have pics? my wife has been complaining its hard to get in the van. not sure what sill plates you mean though, pics could help. In NY so not too far.
He means the trim the goes along the bottom of the doors on the outside. If you get his running boards you won't need them anymore.

·
Registered
19 Posts
He means the trim the goes along the bottom of the doors on the outside. If you get his running boards you won't need them anymore.
Just wondering if the trim is similar or the same, as I have a 2014 C/V. I dont see any trim on the bottom of my doors, but there is a 2 inch strip of hard plastic sill beneath them, looks like it might be removable, no idea whats under it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Yo rcraegh, What are you looking to trade for them? I wish I could snag them but my friend's son said he doesn't want 'em for his DGC.
Too bad as I'm in Hackensack.

·
Registered
2012 Town & Country
31 Posts
Just an FYI, the 1st thing I did on my 2013 Town & Country was try to remove the chrome looking trim on the side doors, it’s been a while but I believe I found that their was holes in the door to mount the trim, I got lucky and was able to re attach the trim to the door and it has not peeled off since I attempted this in 2015. I was really surprised as I thought today’s vehicles ALL used adhesive to mount this type of trim, unlike my 1973 Dodge B-100 van, I had all badges removed & holes welded for a smoother look way back in the 80s.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Ha-ha, the Dodge dealership of my youth dressed up used vehicles and adorned new base models. The vinyl top man was a regular visitor.
However, added chrome involved 1/2" holes drilled every 12" along the run of the trim. Sealing them in any way was unheard of.
In case you're wondering, no, I didn't commit these crimes against cars. I just ordered the parts.

To Vanr69:
The parts truck was a 1970 Dodge T-300 van.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts