The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Certified Minivan Freak
9,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went on Dodge.com at lunch and looked at their Equip & Price feature for the 2008s. Some thoughts:

You can get a pretty well-equipped Grand Caravan SE for a decent price. It only includes the 3.3L/41TE, with no powertrain option. There appears to be no tow package option at this level. And adding option groups QUICKLY elevate the price to Grand Caravan SXT levels. You have to order a Package 2 to even get a temp/trip computer, and you're already up to $26k+. :cry:

I'm wholly unimpressed with their option package grouping at the SXT level. In order to get the 4.0L/61TE, you have to order up a Package 3, which puts you at over $31k.

The van I'd get is the SXT Package 1. 3.8L/61TE. Stow 'n Go standard. Option the Family Value Group for $544 which includes the rear sunshades and "Premium Center Console" and option the Trailer Tow group for $660. Total MSRP $27,930.

But now that we bought the newer Cadillac, our minivan replacement purchase will be pushed out to December 2011 or early 2012, and we may be looking at a 6th gen van at that point. :)

·
Geekier than thou
1,968 Posts
Well, you already know what my response will be:

Have the 3.8L/6-speed as standard equipment on the SE model, with the FFV 3.3L available as a "credit option" (or conversely, let the larger engine be an option at a **reasonable** price). The 198 HP, 3.8L is still puny in the HP department relative to the rest of the minivan competition (range of 235-266 HP) but at least it has some torque.

And don't even get me started about the lack of a SWB model. :angrya:

·
I love cars !!
963 Posts

Have the 3.8L/6-speed as standard equipment on the SE model, with the FFV 3.3L available as a "credit option" (or conversely, let the larger engine be an option at a **reasonable** price). The 198 HP, 3.8L is still puny in the HP department relative to the rest of the minivan competition (range of 235-266 HP) but at least it has some torque.

:headbange

·
GC Carl
1,680 Posts
Sad things about 2008 GC / T&C

The prices vary as much as $ 2,000 during each day. :help_wsig

Some times, the T&C LX will cost LESS than the GC SE when similarly equipped ( T&C LX with each option has more content than the comparable GC SE ).

I agree with Caravan_Sport on almost everything.:thumb:

·
Geekier than thou
1,968 Posts
I agree with Caravan_Sport on almost everything.:thumb:
Watch for your check, it's in the mail! :)

Come to think of it, I agree with PTCarl on almost everything as well!

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
I think the whole point of that is for them to figure out how to price them before they actually start doing it, so that they don't end up with packages that don't make sense, like they did with the 2001 model year.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
SWB model?

See, I think they are leaving their options open on the SWB model. If you look at the contour of the door, it matches up well with the rear wheel well. If you look at a Honda Odyssey, it doesn't.

I think it's a possibility.

·
I love cars !!
963 Posts
There is no SWB models for 2008, but they didnt say there was nothing for '09, maybe be we'll have a SWB van that year, especially if Magna buys Chrysler and knows what to do with the company...:cool:

·
GC Carl
1,680 Posts
Who is Magna?

There is no SWB models for 2008, but they didnt say there was nothing for '09, maybe be we'll have a SWB van that year, especially if Magna buys Chrysler and knows what to do with the company...:cool:
I will show my ignorance and ask who is Magna and what qualifies it (or them) to do any better than Daimler or Chrysler has done?:ask_wsign

·
Registered
1,536 Posts

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts