1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Agreed.

·
Registered
440 Posts
The "Not Now" link will make it go away for a while, but it comes back eventually. Still annoying. I figure the majority of users won't use this and it will mostly benefit people waiting on a repair tip.

Could the functionality be changed to displaying the message once and then the setting resides in profile settings after "Not Now" is clicked?

·
Voted most useless member
1,890 Posts

I will see if this works.

You have to go into settings, and click like all 20- 30 or soo of them off.

You can also disable Push notifications in chrome if you want or Firefox. Also with NoScript.

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
10,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is not that simple.

Disabling J.S. will also cause problems. This platform is weird, that is the reason they moved to this platform. Disable J.S. and you will have a very hard time to see pictures.

·
Administrator
472 Posts
Have you saved your permission settings?

Push Notifications

The community offers push notifications if your browser's permissions allow it. You may see a popup in the community allowing you to enable these permissions for the site.

You can also enable/disable push notifications by clicking on your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site and selecting “Account Settings” from the drop-down menu.

You will now see left side navigation. Select “Preferences”.

Scroll down to Push Notifications to set your preferences.

Enabling push notifications will enable them for this device only. If you log out of this device, you will need to re-enable push notifications.

- Cricket

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
10,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have push notifications disabled, that is the reason this site keeps "pushing" this notification pop up. If I enable push notifications, then this nessage shouldn't pop up any more.

The only way to get rid (temporarily) of this message is to refresh the page or to go to another page.

This site is getting more annoying after every update.

·
Drivin' Maniac
1,803 Posts
I have push notifications disabled for most Autoguide forums, got too many of them. I only want to be notified of Conversations/PMs).

I haven't been bothered by repeated popups.

My wife says I don't listen to her either, or something like that. :p :giggle: <RIM SHOT>

·
Administrator
472 Posts
I have push notifications disabled, that is the reason this site keeps "pushing" this notification pop up. If I enable push notifications, then this nessage shouldn't pop up any more.

The only way to get rid (temporarily) of this message is to refresh the page or to go to another page.

This site is getting more annoying after every update.
Hello,

The notifications requires you to acknowledge them, clicking away will not properly store the session cookie. We sometimes use these session cookies to ensure the settings you prefer are saved. You should only see this once, but if you are still seeing it multiple times it could be for a myriad of reasons. If you are blocking cookies on the site, preventing them from being saved, or if you click away from the message are some of the ways you may encounter this issue. The pop up will then go away until you log in from a new device, or if you log in on an incognito browser. If it is popping up on every page load, you may have a corrupted cookie in your session, in which case you should clear cookies and you should see this pop-up once more and then not again.
That being said cookies do also naturally expire over a time so you will see it down the road too, but it shouldn't be an every instance issue. If I haven't touched on any reason why you specifically are still seeing the pop-up, please let me know and I can dig further. Let me know what device and browser you are using so I can best record this issue and work to fix it if there is something I can affect.

Please confirm you have appropriately dismissed the notification for me. If you are still receiving the alert after the fact it may be a setting I can look to affect.

-Gerrit

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
10,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for your reply.

I do have cookies enabled.

If I click Not Now on the pop up, nothing happens, that means the site wants me to click on Enable Push Notifications. I will not click enable.

I'm using a S8 phone and Chrome browser.

This notification pop up is not showing as much as it did when I started this thread, but still showing.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Cookies makes sense to me. The issue cleared up for me on PC and happens less often on my phone. (S5, Chrome)

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
10,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just got one after the update, seems to be better now.

Main problem is, if I click not now, it doesn't go away, I have to change page or refresh.

See if you can fix that.

·
Super Moderator
1,893 Posts
Main problem is, if I click not now, it doesn't go away, I have to change page or refresh.
I started having the same problem today, except changing the page or refreshing does not make it go away. It stays forever.

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
10,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I started having the same problem today, except changing the page or refreshing does not make it go away. It stays forever.
And, another problem is, you can not move it out of your way either.

A new pop up is showing every now and then, asking you to login with face, google etc. even if logged in already.

It is all about monetizing, this site is selling as much information as possible. XenForo is the best for forum owners, but worst for forum members.

Forum is dangerous slow now. Every time you try to go to this site, XenForo is doing it's thing firsr (collecting member's info), before you are directed to the site.

Some smarter company will notice it and will eventually make better forums.

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
10,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
From XenForo:

Monetize
Figuring out how to create revenue from your forum can be a challenge. We’ve combined some of the tools you need to simplify monetizing your forum. Display your user upgrades at the right time, in the right place, to the right users in an appealing way. Set up a paywall to require membership before accessing your forum. Display sponsors for specific nodes. Replace words with different words or a link and change links posted in your forum to your affiliate links. Plus set schedules for sending automated alerts, emails, and messages. Whichever method you choose to generate revenue or a combination of methods, Monetize will help.

Affiliate Links and Keywords Features

• Add affiliate data to links posted in your forum so you can earn commission for your affiliate links
  • Replace words or phrases with a link to a URL or text
  • Choose the maximum number of total keyword replacements to make per page
  • Choose the maximum number of keyword replacements to make per word per page
  • Determine who will use the affiliate link when it is clicked or who will see the replaced content with user criteria
Sponsors Features
  • Add a sponsor to specific nodes
  • List sponsors in a sponsors directory
  • Add the sponsor’s URL and an image to the node
  • Determine the width and height of the image
XenForo, all about monetizing, so is VerticalScope.

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
10,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Now, UPCOMING MAINTENANCE Pop-Up showing over and over. You click the X and pop-Up disappear, but then the site takes you to the link behind the Pop-Up.

We don't need that notice!

Very frustating.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts