The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we completely love our 2018 Grand Caravan Blacktop. It's black on black, which looks amazing with the blacked out nose, but this leaves the tail looking.........off? I really wish Mopar would have made the tails with black housings for the Blacktop/GT models to complete the look.

So the questions arises, does anyone make black housing tails for these?

I've searched countless times and come up empty. Hoping maybe someone has come across something I'm missing. I don't want to "smoke" my lights for numerous reasons, but some black housings would be perfect.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Greetings. Try CarID. They have a great selection of aftermarket lens choices for our vehicles. Bummer! I just gave a look see and they don't have anything in a smoke or blacked out.

·
Super Moderator
6,177 Posts
So we completely love our 2018 Grand Caravan Blacktop. It's black on black, which looks amazing with the blacked out nose, but this leaves the tail looking.........off? I really wish Mopar would have made the tails with black housings for the Blacktop/GT models to complete the look.

So the questions arises, does anyone make black housing tails for these?

I've searched countless times and come up empty. Hoping maybe someone has come across something I'm missing. I don't want to "smoke" my lights for numerous reasons, but some black housings would be perfect.
I would think that you could smoke the sides of the lights that don't have any lighting elements in them to help with the look?

Having said that, the LEDs on these taillights are fairly bright, so a very light tint might not be awful? But I agree with not tinting them.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would think that you could smoke the sides of the lights that don't have any lighting elements in them to help with the look?

Having said that, the LEDs on these taillights are fairly bright, so a very light tint might not be awful? But I agree with not tinting them.
That crossed my mind, I've also thought about getting another set and separating the lense from the housing. If I could do that I could paint the housing black, which might get me what I'm looking for.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
Long_Voyager94
The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums
ChryslerMinivan.net is the best forum for Chrysler Town and Country owners to discuss mileage, price, problems, towing and more. Join now!
Full Forum Listing