The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

141 - 150 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
285 Posts
If you try that, send us photos. I'm no stranger to soldering.
I'm still kinda new to it, I just don't want to destroy the WCM, in theory it should work, but maybe Steffen can confirm yes or no. The boards are the same, just that one piece is missing

·
Registered
67 Posts
This seems like a great project to do. I already have a Launch X-431 Mini Pro bi-directional scanner, and I am wondering if it is capable of doing what the dealer would be able to do (sales codes and WCM config). I know I can access various body modules and have changed how long the lights stay on after the car is shut off, reconfigured the tire size for the speedometer after switching to the larger 17" wheels, etc. It has come in handy for lots of jobs already and I've helped several of my friends and family. It can program keys and fobs and perform ABS bleed procedures. If it keeps me out of a dealership it is well worth the price I paid for it. I am still learning the full extent of it's capabilities, and it is a wonderful tool for diagnostics.

I ordered the hood switch, but it would sure be nice to have that bracket it attaches to. I am sure I could fab one up if I have to. I have also ordered two 7 button cases. The van is usually 20 feet from the house, and is parked maybe 40 feet from where she works, so the range wouldn't be an issue at all, and my wife would be happy to have remote start that isn't all hacked together. She would like to have it on every vehicle she drives, but I tell her no because I have fixed a few cars that had burned up harnesses as a result of aftermarket remote starts, including one that caught fire inside the dash, but that is a story for another day...

I think after I replace her wheel bearings, axles, transmission seals, and do a transmission fluid/filter change, I will attempt this. Thanks for the info and working through this, and a big thanks to steffen.m!

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
I ordered the hood switch, but it would sure be nice to have that bracket it attaches to.
With the right part number the bracket is attached. You should find the wiring with the 2-way plug in the wiring harness under the TIPM.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have this activated on many cars without changing the WCM, also in european cars where remote start is not available.

If this dont work for you then there are 2 possible reasons

Reason 1 : Your car has'nt a hood ajar switch! You must add this (20-25$). The connector for this should be always built in.

Reason 2 : Your dealer has completed 66% of the necessary steps.

1. step: The dealer must add sales code XBM to the vin
2. step: Dealer must start "restore vehicle configuration" and after this step the most dealers think, thats all. But this is wrong.
3. step: DEALER MUST RESET THE WCM CONFIGURATION. Without this step remote start will NOT work, because the setting for Remote Start is still "FALSE" and not TRUE in the WCM. Your dealer can check this in the tab ECU Details --> Configuration of the WCM. If the setting for "remote start" shows "FALSE" then the dealer must do following: Go to WCM, Change to tab "Misc Function", start the Routine RESET ECU CONFIGURATION. He must now enter the 4-Digit vehicle Pin. After this step your WCM will show "TRUE" für remote start in the tab "ECU Details" --> "Configuration". The remote start will now

There is an official hands on from Chrysler for the Dealers.
https://mopar.chromedata.com/RichContent/CDJR/K6861201.pdf

The programming steps are described on page 2 (step 1 and step 2) and on page 28. Adding the hood ajar switch (if necessary) on page 3
I know this is an old post . But does the remote starter add on come as a kit ? If so where can I find the part number ?.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
There is a kit. Contains a wcm with antenna for extented range, 2 7-Button KeylessGo Fobiks, hood ajar switch. Part Number 82212896AC (Key with Chrysler Logo)

Here an example for this kit

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thanks for the numbers for that kit. Our T&C is a 2009. I found it easy to switch the rubber pad on my chrysler logo fobiks to the new 7 button pad with the start label and contact from the 2 generic fobik shells I purchased on ebay for about $15 plus shipping. The part number of the switch I had already ordered was 05026211AA and was around $15 US plus shipping. The bracket I ordered today had a part number of 05026445AD, and was around $8 US plus shipping. There was another part number 05026277AE that may have been the whole assembly together, but I didn't see the bracket included in the picture or description. That one was close to $40 though, so it would make sense if that was the one.

·
Registered
2013 Chrysler Town and Country Touring
265 Posts
I ordered the hood switch parts yesterday. How hard is it to find the hood switch cable under the TIPM?

I'll still need to buy an OBD II adapter and the scanning software for my laptop. Maybe in a few weeks? I'm not changing out the WIN module, it's a WIN module right? I don't want to work that hard to get 300 feet of range.

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
285 Posts
I ordered the hood switch parts yesterday. How hard is it to find the hood switch cable under the TIPM?

I'll still need to buy an OBD II adapter and the scanning software for my laptop. Maybe in a few weeks? I'm not changing out the WIN module, it's a WIN module right? I don't want to work that hard to get 300 feet of range.
It's really easy, I shined a light on the lower wiring part of the TIPM looking from the front and I just saw it there, no issues. There is a decent amount of space there, I did have to untangle it from the rest of the wires there, so it could reach the place where the hood switch is. It's funny, my van didn't have the hole to screw the hood switch onto, but even without it secured it won't go anywhere

·
Registered
2013 Chrysler Town and Country Touring
265 Posts
I don't know if mine has the mounting hole or not. I'll look the next time I can have someone open the hood for me.

Governor Inslee is likely to extend our stay at home order though so it'll be some time before I'll be allowed company to come and help me with this.

141 - 150 of 150 Posts