The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
9,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Please let us know what Ad Blocker you use for your system.

I'm currently using BLOKADA , to me, this is one of the best Ad Blockers for android.

It was banned by Google Play Store (most ads are from Google), so you must download it directly from it's sourse.

Been using it for some time, it works great, but a little problems since last droid update. I'm sure it will be fixed with next Blokada update.

Note:

Just updated to version 4.2, working flawless again.

·
Registered
533 Posts
have you seen about the ability to directly blacklist outgoing requests to ad servers?

you can do it with your router or a little raspberry pi computer, the actual requests your computer sends to get data from the ad servers never goes out, so you never get any ads on your screen

i've been meaning to try it

·
Registered
6,523 Posts
Please let us know what Ad Blocker you use for your system.

I'm currently using BLOKADA , to me, this is one of the best Ad Blockers for android.

It was banned by Google Play Store (most ads are from Google), so you must download it directly from it's sourse.

Been using it for some time, it works great, but a little problems since last droid update. I'm sure it will be fixed with next Blokada update.

Note:

Just updated to version 4.2, working flawless again.
Are you talking about cell phones only? :unsure:

·
Registered
6,523 Posts
Blokada only works for droid, hoping to find more options.

On every update, droid bloks something
ok, it's not for me... I almost do not browse on my phone...

·
Registered
533 Posts
On every update, droid bloks something
part of google's war against ad-block

much in the same way that amazon is actually a web services company, and only partially a retail company, google is largely an advertising company and partially a search engine/service provider

even google chrome is starting to have anti-adblock measures

1 - 14 of 14 Posts