The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Dodge Grand Caravan AWD green with silver lower side moldings and bumpers
75 Posts
Hi Neto. I was wondering if you are ready to sell the door latch yet.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Hello, and I apologize for dropping off the face of the earth for the last month. I didn't forget this, but the guy who I thought would help do it through EBay hasn't followed through on it, so if you can send me an address where you can receive a package, I will send it off to you. Then you can send payment after you have verified that it is the correct part for your minivan.
Thanks, and again, I apologize for the long delay in replying.

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
11,081 Posts
Hello, and I apologize for dropping off the face of the earth for the last month. I didn't forget this, but the guy who I thought would help do it through EBay hasn't followed through on it, so if you can send me an address where you can receive a package, I will send it off to you. Then you can send payment after you have verified that it is the correct part for your minivan.
Open a PayPal account, is free.

Then you can send an invoice through email, buyer then can pay with a CC.

OR, he can just send you the money as friend or family.

Good luck.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi Neto, I responded to you directly in our conversation.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Open a PayPal account, is free.

Then you can send an invoice through email, buyer then can pay with a CC.

OR, he can just send you the money as friend or family.

Good luck.
That would certainly make it easy, Levy.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Late to the post, but I need two bolts for the plate which holds the sliding door inside latch mechanism to the sliding door. The bolts I need have "9.8" (looks like "98") on the head, and measure as:

Head: hex - 10mm
Attached washer: 14mm
Length: 20mm
Thread: 1.0
Dog end (blunt unthreaded tip for about 3/16")

Any chance you have a couple of these?

I've been able to find something similar online, but typically in packs of 25 or 50.

Thanks.

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
11,081 Posts
Late to the post, but I need two bolts for the plate which holds the sliding door inside latch mechanism to the sliding door. The bolts I need have "9.8" (looks like "98") on the head, and measure as:

I've been able to find something similar online, but typically in packs of 25 or 50.

Thanks.
Try LOWES.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I also need a liftgate "restrictor assembly", Mopar part 5257656. The black plate with the vertical bar on the left which goes under the liftgate striker pin. Trying to find one which has the plastic intact. The plastic originally wrapped all the way around the vertical part of the restrictor plate.

Thanks.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #71

Thanks.
I'll look. I have boxes of bolts I kept from this vehicle, so they should be there, just the question of whether I can correctly identify them. I imagine, however, that if you can find some at a hardware store (as Levi suggested), it would be cheaper to buy new ones than the cost of the postage. But some of these fasteners are specialty items, so hardware stores may not have anything real close.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thanks. Normally I'd have looked at Lowes or at our local hardware store. The hardware store has a lot of specialty items, but it's a bit random as to what you find. As I mentioned, we are currently not going out on errands, except for groceries.

Cheapest I've found online is a pack of 15 bolts for about $11 shipped on Amazon. These have a larger washer than the OEM bolts, but there's room for that on the panel.

Here's what the OEM bolt looks like:

I'll look. I have boxes of bolts I kept from this vehicle, so they should be there, just the question of whether I can correctly identify them. I imagine, however, that if you can find some at a hardware store (as Levi suggested), it would be cheaper to buy new ones than the cost of the postage. But some of these fasteners are specialty items, so hardware stores may not have anything real close.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Thanks. Normally I'd have looked at Lowes or at our local hardware store. The hardware store has a lot of specialty items, but it's a bit random as to what you find. As I mentioned, we are currently not going out on errands, except for groceries.

Cheapest I've found online is a pack of 15 bolts for about $11 shipped on Amazon. These have a larger washer than the OEM bolts, but there's room for that on the panel.

Here's what the OEM bolt looks like:
View attachment 57707 View attachment 57708
I didn't get a photo of the 2 bolts I found, but the washer is of a larger diameter, I'd say 25mm across. Otherwise these appear to be the same as you describe.
Below washer to end of threads is 13mm.
Below washer to tip: 17mm. The unthreaded portion appears to be 5/32" in length.
9.8 on the 10mm hex head.
Over all length appears to be 20mm, although it is hard to get a really accurate measurement with such a large diameter washer.
I only found two of them. Nothing else similar at all in the box of body bolts.
I didn't find the hatch latch, but I'd need to get up into the attic to be sure it's not with some parts I have

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Oh, and I did attempt to measure the thread spacing, which appears to be 1mm. I'd need to take it up to the hardware store here to be sure.
I'm trying to be very careful about the virus as well, because not only am I in the over 60 crowd (64), I generally get whatever is coming around, and more importantly, my wife is the main care-taker for her 98 year old father (99 in August). So I don't want to take a chance of giving it to him, or of making so she cannot go to his house (he does live alone).

·
Registered
42 Posts
Neto -

Thanks so much for looking at the bolts.

The bolt description sounds identical to mine. Mine has the same dimensions below washer to the tip, and for below washer to the end of the threads. If the bolt is 6mm across, it's likely also 1.0 thread. I've measured mine with a U.S. caliper, then measured the caliper's gap with a metric ruler. And I only need two.

I'll need to check tomorrow if a large washer is OK. I think so, but I know at least one location is in a recess, and I want to make sure a larger washer fits.

I didn't get a photo of the 2 bolts I found, but the washer is of a larger diameter, I'd say 25mm across. Otherwise these appear to be the same as you describe.
Below washer to end of threads is 13mm.
Below washer to tip: 17mm. The unthreaded portion appears to be 5/32" in length.
9.8 on the 10mm hex head.
Over all length appears to be 20mm, although it is hard to get a really accurate measurement with such a large diameter washer.
I only found two of them. Nothing else similar at all in the box of body bolts.
I didn't find the hatch latch, but I'd need to get up into the attic to be sure it's not with some parts I have

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
I'll take one of the bolts I found into the hardware store tomorrow. They have one of those panels with all different sizes & threads of long nuts & bolts, so a person can verify the size of what they need. If it's not on that panel, then maybe by testing nuts until one fits correctly. I do know that even then in 1993 some fasteners were still standard sizes. (I guess they call that 'Imperial'.)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Sent a reply in the Conversation deal. $9.45 to mail to your area. Sorry it has taken me so long to reply. My father-in-law went into the hospital with pneumonia last Wednesday morning, then to a rehab center yesterday afternoon. (He is 98, so recovery is slow, and we have been with him in the hospital a lot, especially my wife, of course.) Then I had a post surgery visit w/ my urologist yesterday, and tomorrow I go to the dental surgeon to get a cracked molar out. (Dentist wouldn't do it.) Sometimes I feel like I'm falling apart....
Anyway, let me know if that shipping charge is OK with you, and if I recovery from being put under early enough tomorrow, I'll try to get it mailed out.
In case anyone is wondering ... I have still not received anything to indicate the latch has been sent.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Neto, I sent my address in a conversation. Sorry about forgetting to do that. No wonder you never sent it yet. DOH !

61 - 80 of 82 Posts