The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a 99 Plymouth base model.

You said you had cast wheels that might fit...what do you think you would want for them? (you can probably find old cast wheel shipping boxes at any wheel-selling place, and they will be happy to give you as many as you might want...in my experience. That solves "how to ship"). Do you have 4 or 5? I would like to see a photo, but after I've decided whether I can afford them or not.<G>

I probably ought to go peek at the local wrecking yard. Shipping these things costs a ton!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I have a 99 Plymouth base model.

You said you had cast wheels that might fit...what do you think you would want for them? (you can probably find old cast wheel shipping boxes at any wheel-selling place, and they will be happy to give you as many as you might want...in my experience. That solves "how to ship"). Do you have 4 or 5? I would like to see a photo, but after I've decided whether I can afford them or not.<G>

I probably ought to go peek at the local wrecking yard. Shipping these things costs a ton!
(I was away over the weekend, but sorry for the delay.) I have four of them. (The spare was a steel wheel.) These are 2nd gen wheels, 15". I don't recall what the offset is, but I do recall that I attempted to use one on our daughter & son-in-law's later model minivan, and it didn't rub when I mounted it, but when I started off with the vehicle, the caliper floated out enough that it scraped something fierce. (Noise wise. It just made a very small mark all the way around on the inside of the wheel). Unfortunately I cannot remember what year or generation their minivan was, but it apparently had a bit larger brakes than our 93 Chrysler did. I THINK, however, that it was a third gen., so I think you might want to be sure you get wheels from the same model run as you own van.
I imagine that you are correct about shipping costs. I will need to dig them out to take photos of each of them, unless you just wanted to see the design. (Two are still mounted on the rear axle, which I have standing on end in a corner of my garage.) I would like $25.00 each. I actually think that you could do better in a wrecking yard, unless you are close enough to pick them up. (I am located in Berlin, a small village in Holmes County, Ohio.)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Good morning Neto.
Lorenzo55 from Italy speaking.
Have you , by chance, the Accelerator Cable?
Many thanks
Regards
Lorenzo

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I believe so. The cable I have that I THINK is the accelerator cable is around 65 CM long (very approximate measurement). This vehicle had the 3.3 engine by the way. I don't know how it would work to ship internationally, though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I believe so. The cable I have that I THINK is the accelerator cable is around 65 CM long (very approximate measurement). This vehicle had the 3.3 engine by the way. I don't know how it would work to ship internationally, though.
Many thanks, Neto, for your quick answer.
May you send me a photo by WhatsApp?
My mobile is +39-328-4783570.
Regards
Lorenzo

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I don't know what "WhatsApp" is, and wouldn't know how to use it if I did. Sorry it has taken me so long to respond w/ this photo. I believe this is the part you are referring to.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Are you saying that I have the incorrect cable, or is the photograph not appearing? (I dismantled this car about 9 years ago, so I could easily be mistaken.)

·
Registered
1994 Dodge Grand Caravan AWD green with silver lower side moldings and bumpers
73 Posts
Did you end up selling the door latch from the rear of the sliding door yet ? If not I am interested in buying it.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I believe I still have all of the door latches. (I did sell at least one of the lower roller assemblies from the rear door, but not the latch, as far as I can recall. I will need to check to be sure.)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Neto if you still have the door latch I am definitely willing to buy it. What I can't figure out is if it is any different than the front door latch. Does anyone on here know ?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Yes, it is different, as it latches at the front, rather than to the rear. I looked in the basement at my shop where I used to have all the door latches, but I think it is up in the attic now, and I had surgery recently, and haven't gone up there, because I have to lift myself up through the hole in the ceiling to get up there, and my Doc gave me weight limits way below my own weight. But I think I should be OK to do it this week. Recovery has just been slower than I expected - it's my age, I guess. (64) I'll get a photo of it as soon as I find it. I apologize for the delay in answering. (I'm now just past 6 weeks since my surgery, and I thought I'd be fine by the 5 week mark.)

·
Registered
73 Posts
ok well take care of yourself first. I can wait.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Here are pictures. The arrow on the cardboard corresponds to the orientation of the lock mechanism. I placed a tape measure in one of the photos to give an idea of the size of this deal. (Larger than I remembered.)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I named them "inside" & "outside", but the photo names do not show here, so as you see, the top photo is the inside, that is, to the inside of the vehicle. The black lever sticking out the side is the child safety lock.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I just thought of it that you may be after the LATCH, and not the lock mechanism. I'll look again, and get a photo of that. (I'm assuming it is different than the front doors, but will see.)

·
Registered
10 Posts
HELLO THIS IS BUCKET TRUCK UP IN CANTON . I AM LOOKING FOR THE OUT SIDE REAR HATCH LIFT HANDEL THAT COVERS THE LIC. PLATE LIGHTS . WOULD YOU HAVE ONE AND IF SO HOW MUCH. I AM ALSO HAVING AN ISSUE WITH THE REAR LATCH OF THE SLIDIND DOOR BUT HAVE NOT LOOKED VERY FAR INTO THAT BUT IF I DO NEED ANY THING I WILL CONTACT YOU FIRST , MINE STILL WORKS IF I PUSH IN ON THE REAR OF IT AS I SLIDE IT CLOSED . SORRY THAT YOUR RECOVERY IS GOING SLOWLY BUT GLAD YOU ARE GETTING BETTER . SOMETHINGS TAKE A LITTLE LONGER TO HEAL BUT I WILL PRAY FOR YOU TO HEAL FASTER [IT COULDN'T HURT , NO PUN INTENDED , LOL].

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I went back up in the attic where I have (I think) all of the parts I saved, and I didn't find anything from the rear hatch. I don't recall having sold it, and I would have saved it, so I must have. I'll keep an eye out in case I have it someplace else. (I have all of the boxes labeled, to help me know where to look, and the boxes labeled "latches' & "locks" have nothing in them for the hatch lid. That does sort of make me think they might be downstairs someplace, but I have too much stuff.... My wife at least thinks so.)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I went back up in the attic where I have (I think) all of the parts I saved, and I didn't find anything from the rear hatch. I don't recall having sold it, and I would have saved it, so I must have. I'll keep an eye out in case I have it someplace else. (I have all of the boxes labeled, to help me know where to look, and the boxes labeled "latches' & "locks" have nothing in them for the hatch lid. That does sort of make me think they might be downstairs someplace, but I have too much stuff.... My wife at least thinks so.)
I CAN UNDERSTAND THAT , LOL. NO BIG HURRY I JUST HAPPENED TO REMEMBER MINE BROKE AND AFTER I GLUED IT , IT BROKE AGAIN. IT'S SO HARD TO FIND A BONE YARD THAT STILL HAS ANY OF THESE CARS. I STILL HAVE NOT WORKED ON MINE BECAUSE I AM SO BUSY WORKING ON THIS HOUSE I BROUGHT BUT IT'S PLANNED TO START ON IT SOON. IT'S A LONG PLASTIC STRIP WITH 4 SCREWS HOLDING IT ON. I WILL CHECK BACK IN EVERY FEW DAYS LIKE I ALWAYS DO . I MIGHT TRY FIXING MY TRIP COMPUTER BY REPLACING THE RESISTER LIKE THE OTHER NEW POST IS TALKING ABOUT. TAKE CARE AND HAVE A GREAT DAY .

21 - 40 of 76 Posts