The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
I would not buy other than black carpet, it looks very nice. My 2012 C.T. & C and my 2017 D.G.C. have black carpet, it looks very nice.

Unless they go back to Burgundy I stay with black.
Don't try to pick a fight,man!

I never said, "Outlaw the Black" - just offer the other options to those who might not share your opinion.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Burgundy would rule. Can I get that in "Ron Burgundy"?

One of my wheelchairs had burgundy upholstery and I thought it looks fantastic.

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
10,617 Posts
Don't try to pick a fight,man!

I never said, "Outlaw the Black" - just offer the other options to those who might not share your opinion.
And I never said "Outlaw the Camel" either.

Just saying, you don't like black, good, I don't like camels either.

I'm not buying a Pacifica either, black carpet or otherwise.

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
10,617 Posts
Burgundy would rule. Can I get that in "Ron Burgundy"?

One of my wheelchairs had burgundy upholstery and I thought it looks fantastic.
Hey James, just for the record, I was one of the first to be certified as a NHTSA vehicle modifier in Texas. There are 93 NHTSA certified vehicle modifiers in Texas at this time, 16 in Washington, 22 in Oregon and 2 or 3 in Portland. It is not easy to get certified.

I was also one of the very few certified by Sunrise Medical, Permobil and others to sell and service high end equipment.

Few in this forum knows what I'm talking about, you do know for sure.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I sure do. I also have a friend who just retired from Permobil, I've learned a lot from him.

I suspect the conversion of my '86 Caravan LE was not performed by NHTSA certified persons. I know the conversion of my '78 Ford was not. I don't know though about my '75 Ford.

Designing extensive van modifications is an expensive process, in part due to extensive engineering, man hours required to perform these alterations, the cost of custom parts, the cost of paints, and the cost of crash testing. Then throw in the cost of the van itself, and this all starts getting very expensive.

Then how to choose? All the manufacturers claim they have the best conversions on the market.

In the end your budget and needs speak the loudest when it comes to choosing an accessible van, or even mobility aides.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Same problem, different reason, here in Florida: White sand makes the interior look like it's been home to a herd of heavy smokers after two hours. All we're asking for is a choice -

As I have said before, many of the folks down here have eschewed Pacificas (and, for that matter, other FAC products) for the same reason - fewer options as they move up the trim levels.

Time for the FAC salespeople to decide whether they want to sell cars or dictate fashion.

·
Super Moderator
22,919 Posts
How about "blue"? It is the most popular color. My 2002 Dodge GC Sport had a blue interior, including carpet.

The most popular color in the world is blue. The second favorite colors are red and green, followed by orange, brown and purple. Yellow is the least favorite color, preferred by only five percent of people. Another interesting survey finding: both men and women increasingly dislike orange as they age
Then there's purple, an in between color. :)

For you old timers, orange is out. :)

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
10,617 Posts
How about "blue"? It is the most popular color. My 2002 Dodge GC Sport had a blue interior, including carpet.
Then there's purple, an in between color. :)

For you old timers, orange is out. :)

They are talking about home interior, not about vehicles.

By the way, bet you really, really hate orange!
The most popular color in the world is blue. The second favorite colors are red and green, followed by orange, brown and purple. Yellow is the least favorite color, preferred by only five percent of people. Another interesting survey finding: both men and women increasingly dislike orange as they age

·
Super Moderator
22,919 Posts
They are talking about home interior, not about vehicles.

By the way, bet you really, really hate orange!

Oh no, I like orange a lot. part of my breakfast is orange, the salad dressing is orange, and I have orange hair.

A favorite song has orange in it:

:)

·
Super Moderator
22,919 Posts
You guys are too funny. :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Bought my T&C new October 2016. New Pacificas were on the lot and I drove them both back to back. I choose the T&C because it was up higher and I liked the clunky old school van feel when driving. Also leery of buying a vehicle first model year. Pacifica felt like a car. There are some features I like on the Pacifica more, like the one touch button moving the front row seats all the forward when using stow and go. However on the T&C I like that it doesn't turn off at a red light, the dual glove boxes, and the vented thrid row. However the 2021 AWD Pacifica might persuade me to buy. Wish my T&C had AWD and I'll order the Pacifia with the tow package also. Apparently the AWD drive model sits up almost an inch higher. Hoping it will be available to at least sit in when I go to Cleveland auto show next week...

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have to laugh when I see all this discussion about carpet color. Personally I buy new carpet the day I buy my new vehicle. As soon as my husband and I buy a new car we drive to a carpet store and purchase a industrial remnant then go home and cut it to fit the foot print of our car. We live in northern Illinois where snow salt and mud are issues. We also travel a lot and sand can be found during vacations. With remnants in place they can be removed if things get too bad and shampooed on the drive. We have a 2006 T&C Limited and the carpet looks like brand new if it ever sees the light of day. It may cost a few hundred dollars more initially but 12 years later we still have the originally purchased overlay carpet and it also look really good and is the color and pattern we like. Just something to think about.

·
Super Moderator
6,253 Posts
I have to laugh when I see all this discussion about carpet color. Personally I buy new carpet the day I buy my new vehicle. As soon as my husband and I buy a new car we drive to a carpet store and purchase a industrial remnant then go home and cut it to fit the foot print of our car. We live in northern Illinois where snow salt and mud are issues. We also travel a lot and sand can be found during vacations. With remnants in place they can be removed if things get too bad and shampooed on the drive. We have a 2006 T&C Limited and the carpet looks like brand new if it ever sees the light of day. It may cost a few hundred dollars more initially but 12 years later we still have the originally purchased overlay carpet and it also look really good and is the color and pattern we like. Just something to think about.
That's a great idea.

I put in Husky Liners on day 1 of any vehicle.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts