The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

2014 T&C Right sliding door seal

3K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  H20Town 
#1 ·
The sliding door on the right side seem to need replaced. It does not leak water but you can hear the wind blowing by it and its super annoying. I can find sliding door seals online but when I look it on my 2014 Town and Country it doesn't look like it has the color trim part.. To me it looks like its one piece? (Pics attached)
Vehicle Car Car seat Vehicle door Car seat cover
Vehicle Car Car seat Vehicle door Car seat cover
Vehicle Car Auto part Vehicle door Car seat
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Family car Glass
Can anyone point me in the right direction? also if this doesn't solve the issue, is there a simple way to adjust the door so that it closes tighter?
Also I would like to replace the left drivers door seal as I can hear wind whistle as well. I am guessing since these are the 2 doors that get used the most is why they are having issues.

Anyone know which 2 part numbers these would be?

See less See more
#3 ·
Would love to know if the new door seals fix your wind noise problem. Just traded in my 2011 T&C for a used 2019 Dodge Caravan GT, and the new van has a TON more wind noise. Still trying to diagnose exactly where it's coming from...door seals, or window seals.

#5 ·
Thanks aking21!

After finally getting some warm weather here, I gave the van a somewhat detailed clean. Found bits of broken tinted window glass in the space where the bottom door rail goes into the van! :( At the very least, the drivers side sliding door window must have been broken, so a poor replacement job could be the problem. When it warms up enough for painters tape to stick, I'll tape all the window seams and see if that solves it.

#6 ·
Replaced the seals mentioned above as well as 5020840AE but still have noise. I'll have to ride back there and see if i can pin point where it's coming from. Interesting you mentioned broken window. When we bought our van, the rear gate window must have been busted cause you could hear the glass trapped under the door plastic. I'll have to look closer at the sliding door. Perhaps it's slightly twerked and not dealing as close as I think. Hmmmmmmm

#7 ·
Thanks for the info about the seals aking21. Searched the web about Caravans and wind noise...seems to be a common problem. Hopefully I can at least find a way to reduce the noise.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.