The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughters van's battery light came on while driving and all electrical stopped working . She pulled over shut it off and it would not start again. Got the van towed home. Her boyfriend changed the alternater and battery and still no charging. She lives in the upper pennisula of Michigan and I am trying to help her diagnose from southern Michigan. Had her charge the battery again, 12 volts. While running measure voltage at the battery and it is 12 volts and decreasing, alternator not charging. Engine off measure battery cable on alternator and have 12 volts. The alternator has a two wire connector. I am not familiar with Chrysler products but I assume one is a battery sensing and one is alternator field control. Does anyone know of or have a wiring diagram for the alternater / PCM? I would like to measure these wires and full field the alternator?

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
14,840 Posts
My daughters van's battery light came on while driving and all electrical stopped working . She pulled over shut it off and it would not start again. Got the van towed home. Her boyfriend changed the alternater and battery and still no charging. She lives in the upper pennisula of Michigan and I am trying to help her diagnose from southern Michigan. Had her charge the battery again, 12 volts. While running measure voltage at the battery and it is 12 volts and decreasing, alternator not charging. Engine off measure battery cable on alternator and have 12 volts. The alternator has a two wire connector. I am not familiar with Chrysler products but I assume one is a battery sensing and one is alternator field control. Does anyone know of or have a wiring diagram for the alternater / PCM? I would like to measure these wires and full field the alternator?
Welcome.

Font Parallel Circle Number Document

Font Auto part Rectangle Metal Automotive lighting

Font Gadget Audio equipment Cable Auto part

·
Registered
145 Posts
Here you go...and FWIW, I've had to replace the TIPM, PCM, and most recently the alternator to get rid of all the gremlins in my 2014 T&C:

Rectangle Font Slope Parallel Number
Font Terrestrial plant Document Screenshot Number

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
14,840 Posts
Here you go...and FWIW, I've had to replace the TIPM, PCM, and most recently the alternator to get rid of all the gremlins in my 2014 T&C:

View attachment 63502 View attachment 63503
That "diagram" doesn't help with diagnosis, not at all.

It just help you to know what parts are involved. Now, if you have plenty of money, just replace part by part until your problem is gone.

1. TIPM
  2. PCM
  3. ALTERNATOR
  4. BATTERY
Disclaimer:
Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental. 🤣

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

It just help you to know what parts are involved. Now, if you have plenty of money, just replace part by part until your problem is gone.

1. TIPM
  2. PCM
  3. ALTERNATOR
  4. BATTERY
Disclaimer:
Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental. 🤣

How did you reprogram your PCM? I see online several companies that offer to reprogram a refurbished PCM with your VIN and mileage. They claim it is plug and play. I am skeptical on a 2014 Chrysler T&C. Any time I have done a Ford the keys had to be reprogrammed also. Do you know anyone who has used a refurbished PCM that was programmed?

·
Registered
145 Posts
How did you reprogram your PCM? I see online several companies that offer to reprogram a refurbished PCM with your VIN and mileage. They claim it is plug and play. I am skeptical on a 2014 Chrysler T&C. Any time I have done a Ford the keys had to be reprogrammed also. Do you know anyone who has used a refurbished PCM that was programmed?
Hi,

I was fortunate to be working with a decent dealer who diagnosed an internal short, and was pleasantly surprised to find out the PCM was covered under the 8 year, 80K federal emissions warranty.

There are indeed a lot of companies who refurb them. I think they grab all the stored data (such as mileage and so forth) from your core and jam it onto a refurbished PCM (ostensibly with all software updates).

·
Registered
145 Posts
You must be so proud of being the wise and all-knowing owl. I'll bet you even know precisely how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop!

Cartoon Nature Organism Art Font

On the other hand, some of us like to try our best to help others with data. The electrical schematic comes from the FSM, so I attached it in order to help a teammate. Not good enough I suppose...my apologies to member Kidscar.

It was my grievous error in not noticing you've been an active member for 2445 days and have 14,808 posts. That's a hair over six posts per day for six years, eight months, and ten days. I bow to your devotion to the keyboard and will henceforth defer to your vast knowledge and not speak out of turn again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Spoke with quick start today. They gave me part# ERCKFRM-071 is for 2014 T&C van. I looked at refurbished PCM's online but have not ordered one before and the person I spoke with did not sound like they knew anything. They say they are plug and play but I am very skeptical. Normally I would replace with production components, I work on Fords and have the tools to do so at work. Have you installed this kit before?

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
14,840 Posts
You must be so proud of being the wise and all-knowing owl. I'll bet you even know precisely how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop!

View attachment 63505

On the other hand, some of us like to try our best to help others with data. The electrical schematic comes from the FSM, so I attached it in order to help a teammate. Not good enough I suppose...my apologies to member Kidscar.

It was my grievous error in not noticing you've been an active member for 2445 days and have 14,808 posts. That's a hair over six posts per day for six years, eight months, and ten days. I bow to your devotion to the keyboard and will henceforth defer to your vast knowledge and not speak out of turn again.
Bu saying "here you go", I was expecting yo see the diagram he was looking for. But not even close.

If you can use it for troubleshooting, let me know how, I would like to know.

But yes, it would be very helpful to change part after part until you solve thr problem.

Seems like it is what you used to fix your problem, only thing you left out was the battery (maybe you forgot to list it).

Anyways, thank you for calculating all those numbers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Spoke with quick start today. They gave me part# ERCKFRM-071 is for 2014 T&C van. I looked at refurbished PCM's online but have not ordered one before and the person I spoke with did not sound like they knew anything. They say they are plug and play but I am very skeptical. Normally I would replace with production components, I work on Fords and have the tools to do so at work. Have you installed this kit before?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts