The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 T&C ,4.0L engine with 160k km. Recently the engine has started ticking. The engine noise is dependent on the rpm. The noise is getting louder the longer we drive it. I have had the oil changed with 10w30. I'm thinking the ticking sound may be lifters but am wondering if anyone else has some recommendation\past experience.

Registered
Is the oil level ok?

Registered
I have a 2010 T&C ,4.0L engine with 160k km. Recently the engine has started ticking. The engine noise is dependent on the rpm. The noise is getting louder the longer we drive it. I have had the oil changed with 10w30. I'm thinking the ticking sound may be lifters but am wondering if anyone else has some recommendation\past experience.
Try running a bottle of rislone in it to free up the lifter.

Registered
I have the same problem. After googling the 4.0 v6 , it seems the chrysler engine has a problem with a pin sheering in the rocker arm assy. allowing the shaft to turn and starve the lifter of oil. In the dodge charger it seems a fairly easy fix, just remove rocker arm assy and replace. Not quite so easy in a transverse engine but doable I hope.

Registered
I have the same problem. After googling the 4.0 v6 , it seems the chrysler engine has a problem with a pin sheering in the rocker arm assy. allowing the shaft to turn and starve the lifter of oil. In the dodge charger it seems a fairly easy fix, just remove rocker arm assy and replace. Not quite so easy in a transverse engine but doable I hope.
I have a 2010 Grand Caravan with the 4.0 liter V6. at 52,000 miles I had to replace both rocker arm assemblies. This vehicle has been nothing but a lemon. Dodge/Chrysler or whatever they are called this week does not build a quality vehicle. You couldnt PAY me to own another

1 - 6 of 6 Posts