The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, brand new (please be kind)
I have a 2005 (150K mileage) Town and Country that has been used as a Postal Delivery vehicle (aka: "rode hard & put away wet too many times.").

It is having some problems: driver's window mount is broke, heater doesn't work (no heat at all), fan for AC/heater system makes catastrophic grinding noises, some body dings, etc. But yesterday I had a brand new one that has me totally blinkered:

I hit a small bump ... and the radio, the key operated AC power outlet (only, battery ones work fine), and the moonroof controls all died. I tried a new fuse in the "Accessory relay" position but it changed nothing.

Any clues what went wrong?

Please bear in mind that this is my only functioning ride and I'm a disabled vet working on a very limited budget. So most repair work will be my son and I trying to find our way as cheaply as possible.

Thanks for any advice! 😊

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, brand new (please be kind)
I have a 2005 (150K mileage) Town and Country that has been used as a Postal Delivery vehicle (aka: "rode hard & put away wet too many times.").

It is having some problems: driver's window mount is broke, heater doesn't work (no heat at all), fan for AC/heater system makes catastrophic grinding noises, some body dings, etc. But yesterday I had a brand new one that has me totally blinkered:

I hit a small bump ... and the radio, the key operated AC power outlet (only, battery ones work fine), and the moonroof controls all died. I tried a new fuse in the "Accessory relay" position but it changed nothing.

Any clues what went wrong?

Please bear in mind that this is my only functioning ride and I'm a disabled vet working on a very limited budget. So most repair work will be my son and I trying to find our way as cheaply as possible.

Thanks for any advice! 😊
If it was me I would go to wrecking yard and get everything for window. Also get a blower motor or carefully drill a small hole in the rear of motor where the bushing is and spay a little wd-40 then some oil. Don't drill very deep. My wife runs a caravan on a mail route. Lots of dirt roads with window open.

As far as electrical not sure. Need to find common spot for all circuits and replace or repair. Sounds like a broken solder joint. Mail routes have a lot of pot holes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts