The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

421 - 440 of 473 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #421
Anyone know how to get that food line to be clear? I believe I found the problem why the engine is not getting any fuel I don't believe that hose is clogged it's just that word clips onto the middle line going to the engine from the fuel filter to the metal line there is some kind of valve or something in that end that stops IT from flowing

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
9,318 Posts
Wish I had one. No idea how it looks like.

It might be the check valve. Is there anyway that it was reversed during the process?

If you remove that valve, engine will run, but it will be hard to start.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #423
Well basically after cutting the plastic lines off of the donor fuel filter I got the pump to run and push water out the way it's supposed to I'm guessing you're right it's the check valve I'm guessing the check valve is right where the return line goes to the steel line going to the engine
I've not done anything to my van yet was just experimenting with the donor fuel filter and hoses

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #424
It seems that Chuck valve was jammed on my van and on the donor fuel filter I'm trying to avoid buying the fuel filter because right now every dollar counts and I'm still not sure if that will actually fix the problem but I'm watching every dollar

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #425
And as you say in reversing the check valve I don't even know what it looks like because it's somewhere inside the fitting I'm assuming

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #426
I found a fuel filter replacement cheap on eBay some have an extra wire coming from it some don't
the cheapest one has the wire

this is a link to it
the ones without the wire cost slightly more

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #427
I have nothing to lose by trying to unstick the check valve and that line that's on my van.... would you happen to know the best and safest way to do that? Thanks

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #428
Well I guess I'm going to have to buy a new filter I'm not going to try and take things apart considering the way this thing is designed and built
I don't think anything could be done I don't think there's a difference between the fuel filter with the wire and without one

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #429
Well I ordered a new fuel filter it's supposed to arrive by August 27th

Hopefully that fixes the problem

if anyone knows of a good OBD2 Bluetooth scanner that I can use with my phone and my laptop at a reasonable price please let me know thanks

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #430
Well here's a crazy update

I did not know that the fuel filters and the hoses leading to the fuel rail only work if they're plugged in other than that is no pressure so there was no problem with the fuel filter which I bought one for nothing
there is fuel going to the engine there is an injector pulse
the guy I fix houses with is also a mechanic he took a look at it and figured it out in 20 minutes
when I had a chance I was going to replace the ignition coil so we switched it out with the donor van and it started right up and died about four times
then he looked at the tachometer and it's jumping up and down and it turns out my new crank sensor is no good so I ordered one and I'm waiting for it to arrive
I'm assuming that it was just a coil and the crank sensor all this time driving me crazy
I did not think it would be the coil because I was getting spark but recently I thought it might be a weak coil and I was going to switch it but I didn't get a chance to and when he tested it there was no spark

so to sum it up the problems is it needed an ignition coil and the crank sensor

Thank you everyone for all of your time and trouble.
I truly hope this incredibly long thread helps other people with the same or similar problems

·
3rd gen > all others
2,159 Posts
Thanks for the update, and glad you got it running. I didn't want to repeat what I've said in other threads, figuring you'd already read them looking for answers but... you can NOT use cheap crank sensors in a Mopar. They just don't last. Oem is best, but for a good budget sensor a NAPA one will work for a long time. Other discount auto stores, maybe a year if you are lucky. Sounds like yours was bad almost right out of the box.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #434
The one that was in there was made by Standard Motor products which I am returning.
I'm going to try and find a Mopar one that I can afford even though there's a cheap one on the way

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #436
Just an update and a warning to anyone who has a Chrysler minivan or looking to buy one

Well I finally got a replacement sensor from eBay that of course did not fit today so I went to Advance Auto .... bought one with a 1 year limited warranty .... They did not have a Mopar sensor.
Last time when I checked when that mechanic was with me he said the crank sensor was faulty it started right up after we put a donor coil in it but the tack was jumping so he said it was a faulty sensor

I took the crank sensor out haven't touched it since then it's been sitting with no battery

I put a new crank sensor in from Advance Auto and it absolutely will not start no spark going to the plugs
tested it with a spark plug tester no spark going to plugs....this van is a nightmare .
I've been without my own van to drive for two and a half months already because of this nonsense the way they're built
I've got a 79 Chevy van sitting for 20 years because my girlfriend didn't take care of it if I could afford to get that back running that ran never broke down someday I'll put it back on the road I don't have to worry about sensors and a bunch of nonsense just to try and keep an engine running right

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #437
Just an update and a warning to anyone who has a Chrysler minivan or looking to buy one

Well I finally got a replacement sensor from eBay that of course did not fit today so I went to Advance Auto .... bought one with a 1 year limited warranty .... They did not have a Mopar sensor.
Last time when I checked when that mechanic was with me he said the crank sensor was faulty it started right up after we put a donor coil in it but the tack was jumping so he said it was a faulty sensor

I took the crank sensor out haven't touched it since then it's been sitting with no battery

I put a new crank sensor in from Advance Auto and it absolutely will not start no spark going to the plugs
tested it with a spark plug tester no spark going to plugs....this van is a nightmare .
I've been without my own van to drive for two and a half months already because of this nonsense the way they're built
I've got a 79 Chevy van sitting for 20 years because my girlfriend didn't take care of it if I could afford to get that back running that ran never broke down someday I'll put it back on the road I don't have to worry about sensors and a bunch of nonsense just to try and keep an engine running right

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #438
Also I forgot to mention I checked all of the fuses the fuel pump hums like it supposed to when you turn the key on I switch the fuel pump relay with the ASD relay I switched the ASD relay with other known good relays that are good .....nothing makes a difference whatsoever
only thing I could think of is that brand new crank sensor is not putting out a signal
I did not use any spacer or anyting I just bolted it in the way I bolted the other one in when it ran but it drove the tach crazy I took it out now I put a new one in and I haven't touched anything else
just thought I'd mention this

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #440
And what the warning is?

I currently have two minivans, one 2012 T & C and one 2017 Caravan, among other vehicles I have.

No problems whatsoever.
And what the warning is?

I currently have two minivans, one 2012 T & C and one 2017 Caravan, among other vehicles I have.

No problems whatsoever.
[/QUO the warning is if you get a Chrysler minivan which unbelievably are probably the best minivans made and they're made like this .....that you could have a nightmare like I've been having for 2 and 1/2 months so prepare yourself for that cuz it could happen you could also have no problems but on a modern car that's not a possibility

421 - 440 of 473 Posts
About this Discussion
472 Replies
15 Participants
LEVY
The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums
ChryslerMinivan.net is the best forum for Chrysler Town and Country owners to discuss mileage, price, problems, towing and more. Join now!
Full Forum Listing