The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This happened all at once. Cars been fine. Woke up one morning and it will drive fine with air conditioning on for about 10 miles the start to get hot. (The gage will strt to creep up from middle) I will turn on the heater full blast and the gage needle will go back to the middle. I can drive the car with the heater on full and it will run fine. The gage where it always is. If I turn on air conditioning it will start to heat up. The fans are working ( I have pulled over to check) radiator full of fluid. I have changed the thermostat and the relay also the fuse. Grateful for any help, it's the middle of August.

·
5000 Club
5,667 Posts
Ya, 103 here today. When you say the rad is full are you looking at the overflow bottle or taking the cap off for a look? The later is the right place to check. Make sure the van has cooled before checking. Got a 50/50 mix of coolant/distilled water in it?

Sounds like you're lacking coolant flow or air flow. Have you hosed off the rad cooling fins lately? Could be clogged with road garbage. Can you see coolant flowing across the rad cap opening with the engine running. Can we assume you flushed the system when you changed the T-stat? Might come down to biting the bullet and changing the pump or radiator especially if they are those the van came with. A good radiator shop can do a flow test on the radiator.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure do appreciate your response. I ended up replacing the radiator and cooling fans with new and that fixed it. (Not really much else to replace) lol THANKS AGAIN !!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
RIP
The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums
ChryslerMinivan.net is the best forum for Chrysler Town and Country owners to discuss mileage, price, problems, towing and more. Join now!
Full Forum Listing