The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Canada didn't get AC till 1985, and TV till 1986!
By 1985 I already had a cable ready (125 channel) TV and a SuperBeta Hi Fi VCR. Unfortunately the cable company scrambled most cable channels above 13 and I had to use their stupid converter box.:mad:

As for vehicle AC well my first air conditioned vehicle is my current 2006 Caravan:eek: and I've been a car owner since 1977. Did I mention that I had a Hi Fi VCR in the mid 80s?

Don't know about air conditioning, we had vent windows, but TVs were around, showing lots of snow, in the 1950s, maybe 1940s.
My 1980 Chevette had fixed windows in the rear. Radio delete, glove box door delete, door armrests
delete and a whole bunch of other deleted stuff. Manual steering, manual brakes, manual trans. Come to think of it my very heavy 1965 Dodge Polora 500 had manual steering, manual brakes and a three on the tree with no sync dowshifting to 1st.:sick:

Oh my dad’s Canadian 1971 Pontiac Grand Prix did have factory AC.

·
Super Moderator
1,920 Posts
I had one of the first remote controlled TV's.

It was a Zenith with a two button remote (wireless), no batteries required :oops:...

...Anyone else here had one of those?
For a minute I thought I was reading one of Shea's posts.

·
3rd gen > all others
2,612 Posts
LOLZ!

·
Super Moderator
23,268 Posts
I had one of the first remote controlled TV's.

It was a Zenith with a two button remote (wireless), no batteries required :oops:

I had to leave it behind during a moving. :(

Anyone else here had one of those?
OK Shea, :) I think it had 4 buttons, but you were only allowed to use two.

Maybe you meant this one: The Real Original Remote Control: Zenith Space Command
As to its "Tired" features: the channels on the TV could also be changed by jangling a hand full of quarters, which made the same frequency sound as the metal bars in the remote.

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
11,014 Posts
OK Shea, :) I think it had 4 buttons, but you were only allowed to use two.

Maybe you meant this one: The Real Original Remote Control: Zenith Space Command

If you keep insulting me, you risk being banned or demoted (you wouldn't be the first demoted moderator :)).

And yes, mine only had two buttons, maybe I was cheap back then and that was all I could afford. It was a TV/Turn table console like this one, but little fancier:

·
Super Moderator
23,268 Posts
Will try not to post any nonsense post in the future, hopefully you guys stop insulting me. 🤧
Insulting??????

So, a possible conclusion on the alternator is to get a remanufactured replacement one with a decoupler pulley on it, use the old one with a decoupler pulley on it as a core (trade-in), and keep it that simple. Otherwise mess around with it to make things worse, possibly. Another option is to get a used assembly from a recycle yard or wherever. The swap out is fairly easy regardless.
Objective: quietness with nil fuss?

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
11,014 Posts
Insulting??????

So, a possible conclusion on the alternator is to get a remanufactured replacement one with a decoupler pulley on it, use the old one with a decoupler pulley on it as a core (trade-in), and keep it that simple. Otherwise mess around with it to make things worse, possibly. Another option is to get a used assembly from a recycle yard or wherever. The swap out is fairly easy regardless.
Objective: quietness with nil fuss?

Oh yeah, this thread is about alternators.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Levy, now that you can't get into Mexico, what are you doing with your time?

And I love the clock and TV console! I still remember going to the drugstore with my father to check TV tubes on the tube checker.

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
11,014 Posts
Levy, now that you can't get into Mexico, what are you doing with your time?
I'm just searching this site for something to argue about, to kill some time. :)

I live in a ranch, so I have plenty of chores to do.

Who told you that lie, we can still go to Mexico and came back.

Only citizens from other countries can not travel into USA.

Now, Mexican citizens are angry because US citizens are allowed into Mexico but Mexican citizens are not allowed into USA.

And you know what? they have every right to be, there are very few confirmed coronavirus cases in Mexico buy many in USA.

We might not be allowed into Mexico very soon.

·
Super Moderator
23,268 Posts
I'm just searching this site for something to argue about, to kill some time. :)

And you know what? they have every right to be, there are very few confirmed coronavirus cases in Mexico buy many in USA.

We might not be allowed into Mexico very soon.
I forgot to mention. When hooking up the hoses to the alternator, make sure "all stainless" worm type clamps are used.

Well, you do have an arrogant President. What would you expect otherwise?

:)

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
11,014 Posts
I forgot to mention. When hooking up the hoses to the alternator, make sure "all stainless" worm type clamps are used.

Well, you do have an arrogant President. What would you expect otherwise?

:)

+ 1

If your alternator is equipped with spring type clamps, make sure you replace them with stainless worm type clamps especially if you have a high amp. alternator.

Spring type clamps cannot withstand high amperage output.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
+ 1

If your alternator is equipped with spring type clamps, make sure you replace them with stainless worm type clamps especially if you have a high amp. alternator.

Spring type clamps cannot withstand high amperage output.
I suggest the big ty-wrap. They are non conductive plastic.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts