The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

97 T&C roaring noise in rear

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  443k3.3 
#1 ·
I have a 97 t&c lx 3.8L i changed both rear wheel bearing assemblies thinking they were going bad with 244.000 miles on them but the roaring is still there. Anyone have any idea what else would be causing this? Also i replaced the fuel pump 1 1/2yrs ago but when the fuel gauge is down to a 1/4 tank the van will run out of fuel. Gauge was reading correctly before pump was replaced so i know its not the gauge itself, any ideas on this? Any info is appreciated.

#2 ·
Regarding the roaring issue... What condition are your rear tyres in? The reason I'm asking is that I experienced a similar issue and upon further inspection on of my rear tyres was out of shape witch was coursing a lot of road noise inside the van making me think it was wheel bearings!!! Can't help with fuel gauge issue, but I'm thinking of a sticking sensor!!!!

#5 ·
I have had rear drum brakes cause the rumble, adjuster hardware sticks and the wheel cylinders stop releasing allowing the shoes to rub. I would clean and lube hardware and rebuild cylinders or replace.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.