The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

New upper strut mounts, Grease?

5K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  BobReeves 
#1 ·
Put new upper strut mounts on my 94 a couple weeks ago. Didn't even think about them maybe needing greased.. Today I took the old ones out of the box to throw them away and noticed they had a bunch of grease between the white plastic bearing and the mount. Please tell me new ones already have grease from the factory.

All the instructions say is to refer to the instructions that came with your new struts. Well the struts are fine just needed new top mounts.

#2 ·
If they are anything like the 3rd gen mounts, they don't need grease. The plastic bearings needs grease inside of it, but they come pre greased from the factory. Maybe your old bearings just oozed out their grease.

#3 ·
Inside the plastic bearing is what I was trying to say... Sounds like I need not worry about the new ones. I was not looking forward to taking the front end apart again just to squirt a little grease in a bearing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.