The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

Oil Pressure

4K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  andyg 
#1 ·
2000 Grand Voyager, 3.3L engine, 118,00 miles. OIl pressure warning light on when idling at a traffic light, about 750RPM. When I accelerate, warning light goes off. I'm thinking I have something restricting oil flow? Oil pump going bad? I just changed the oil today (wife first noticed light coming on yesterday).

#3 ·
Or, if it's had less than good maintenance over the years, it could be worn bearings, worn oil pump, or otherwise loose tolerances that "bleed off" oil pressure. If it was me, I would install a mechanical oil pressure gauge in addition to replacing the existing sending unit. That way you will know for sure what kind of oil pressure you are getting.

#5 ·
That is the way to check the pressure.

You can probably just get away with changing the sensor though. They are very common to fail on Chrysler's and you may even find that it has started leaking a bit too. Usually they have oil in the electrical plug when they start to go bad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.