The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

Blind Spots

4K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  srqscrew 
#1 ·
I purchased a T+C LX new on 7/31/08. The blind spots in the 5th gen are horrible. I owned a '97 Grand Caravan Se before I bought the LX.The sight lines were great. Now, the headrests make it impossible for a person to look around or behind. It is hard to see to backup. The back window is smaller than the 4th gen. The driver side back side window is impossible to see out of if you are merging. The big housing for the sideview mirrors hold much smaller mirrors than the previous generation. The interior is cheap compared to my Caravan. The same 3.3 engine I had in the Caravan, now sounds like a diesel. The only reason I bought the T+C was because the LX had a bench seat that is used by a disabled person in my family. Chrysler spent a billion dollars to design this? No wonder they are in financial difficulties.

#5 ·
Sometimes these things take some getting used to. I think I remember a similar situation going from our 3rd to our 4th generation, but adapted just fine after some time. Drive a Pacifica, or nearly any crossover vehicle these days, and you will appreciate the visibility in your minivan. Even the Chrysler 300s have limited visibility compared to most. Must be a trend.

My guess is that in another month or two, it won't even be an issue. Enjoy the van....

.....AND WELCOME TO THE FORUM! :thumb:

#6 ·
Idea .... Put your stow and go seats down permantly and never carry anymore passengers, get some fender mounted tow mirrors and a telephone book to sit on and you'll have no more blind spots.

Welcome to the Forum:thumb:

#7 ·
did you test drive/??

Jeez, did you get to test drive it before you bought it. If so, then why did you make the purchase? I would never buy a vehicle that I am so unhappy with. Not being too critical of you, but have to wonder why, if you were aware of these deficiencies, you bought the vehicle.??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.