The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

2000 Voyager 4cyl timing belt replcement help

4K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Sunvanse 
#1 ·
My 2000 voyager (4cyl) timing belt is severely loose & about to go.....104K miles on van. Is there a link or step-by step directions that somone may have to show me how to remove/ replace belt,tensioner kit & water pump & re-time belt ????
Never replaced a timing belt before....hope I'm not going to be sorry attempting this!!
Any help greatly appreciated...:help_wsig

#2 ·
From what I've read, the hardest part is getting pulley off crank shaft. Definetely need a good 3 jaw puller. I have a FSM you can borrow.

#6 ·
For those searching how to instructions for 2.4 timing belt replacement, these are good pictures. The 2.4 Chrysler engine is not interferrence. (the 2.4 used in sebrings and stratus COUPES ARE interferrence Mitsu engines) I like the emphasis on proper harmonic balancer removal and re-install using a insert to pull and bolt/washer/nut to press back on. Not mentioned, but a must is to change the water pump, and probably the tensioners for timing and serpentine belts should closely checked and replaced also.

http://www.howstuffinmycarworks.com/Timing_belt_Caravan.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.