The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

Photos of my new Town and Country 2008

17K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  erkki2001 
#1 ·
Here are photos of my new Town and Country 2008.

* Well I forgot to tell that is mine but only on my dreams.

* This model is not the limited, but it has almost all the important things that you need like the TV's, also this wheels are going to be more easy to clean than the limited wheels.

* If you have the money and live on LA go and buy it right now before some one else buy it. ( http://www.simivalleychrysler.com/ )

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
reminds me of the 08 Town and Country I test drove, except it was Silver, and I think the seats were a little bit darker. The one I drove was a Touring I believe

#6 ·
Just saw one of these at a Chrysler display I happened across at our city's last summer fling/concert/fair. Had the 4.0 and 6spd. I like the shape and proportions - seems a wee shorter (height)...? With the more upright windshield, its back to both front wipers swinging L-R. Didn't look like no semi-indepented rear end to me. (but are the leafs gone? - I don't recall - too many beers, Cheap Trick, and carnival ride free-falls to remember...) And yes, I carved up the chumps at the bumpercars...

-Jim

#7 ·
(but are the leafs gone?
Yes, they are now coil springs.

When I saw the 2008 GC SE at our dealership, I finally found the term to describe how it looks to me -- it's a van with a mullet. Standing anywhere aft of the sliding doors, it looks like Chrysler took a comb and just combed everything straight back. The way the liftgate just falls straight down the back. The way the super large D-pillars come out of the roof and just fall straight down. The character of the 3rd/4th generation shape is gone. I think I keep getting tripped up by the huge D-pillars and refrigerator-flat liftgate. These pictures, and the van I saw, were white, which probably accentuates the D-pillar. Maybe I need to see the van in a darker color, which would hide the vastness of the rear sheetmetal.

#8 ·
Maybe you noticed but all vans from the first and second generations are greatly rusted just under the tailgate window and I think because the gate is straight and the water doesn't go away faster. The third and fourth generations being round almost don't have this problem.
I only hope that the new one will not have it again because of this "refrigerator-flat liftgate" :ask_wsign Very accurate this expression :headbange

#17 ·
Don't look at my van then. Right under the wiper. Caused by the weather stripping around the window. It is gone now on mine and appears to have been eliminated on the newer 4th gen models as well.

As for the badging and the need for something. I would most likely remove all the badging and so that big blank spot would reproduce itself on the other side as well if it were mine.

#9 ·
Closest Chrysler dealer has White 2008 T&C Touring like this:

Here are photos of Town and Country 2008.

Base Price $ 27,700 but with all the options total MSRP $ 37,700.
Main options 25L $ 3,090
2 DVD players $ 1,525
My GIG $ 1,400
Swivel N Go $ 495
Destination $ 730
I can't find my notes but these don't add up to $ 37,700. I also
picked up a nice 2008 Chrysler TOWN & COUNTRY brochure at
the dealership. The gray interior is MUCH more attractive in the
flesh than the brown/beige interior on the brochure pages 16-17
but the 2008 T&C looks plain from the rear and there are wider
rear pillars than on 2001-2007 T&C / GC. :thumb:

#10 ·
The total would be $34,940 :blink: It seems outrageous to pay these days $1,525 for 2 poor DVD players :mad: a portable one is maxim $150 and you can use it even outside the car...

#12 ·
Correction: Total price is $34,770

T&C Touring Base $ 27,700, 25L $ 3,020, Swivel 'N Go $ 495, Dual Screen DVD $ 1525, My GIG $ 1,300 Destination for total $ 34,770.

I think many options on many new vehicles are quite pricey but convenience often costs more than rigged outfits using cheapest products available at WalMart or other discount locations. (Compare a laptop with a desktop computer for example.)

#14 ·
I'm always for using aftermarket stuff. Electronics installed in cars are unfathomly poor. The navigation is a great example. Chrysler should be sued for trying to pass the RB1 navigation system off as a legitimate system. A $300 Nuvi or TomTom from BestBuy is so much of a better option, it's not even funny. The factory-installed DVD may offer SOME value-added, in that it's totally integrated into the car with the wireless headphones, but still...

I agree that you can almost always do better with aftermarket stuff than the completely over-priced factory-installed equipment, especially regarding navigation systems.

"MyGig" is a deal where you can upload all your songs to a hard drive on the van. I think it's a rather silly gimmick myself. Being an owner of a portable MP3 device, it's hard enough to have your MP3 player synched with all your music collection -- MyGig is simply another hard drive to have to keep after. Our current van allows us to plug the MP3 player into the radio, so the MyGig is awfully redundant in my opinion. Destination is what they charge you to ship the van from the factory to the dealer, and all the costs associated with that.

#15 ·
I agree with Jason BUT so do the thugs

I'm always for using aftermarket stuff. Electronics installed in cars are unfathomly poor.....

I agree that you can almost always do better with aftermarket stuff than the completely over-priced factory-installed equipment....
After market electronics are STOLEN much more frequently because they are MUCH EASIER for the thug to quickly remove from the Honda than factory installed equipment in a Chrysler (or GM or Ford). As an owner, you are rewarded with broken glass and an insurance hassle every time the thug decides he needs your electronics more than the owner does.:eek: :Wow1: :help_wsig

My quality electronics are purchased for pleasure in my home...and NOT my vehicle.:thumb:

When the policeman came to check on an abandoned Honda Accord in our neighborhood, he told me that ANY Accord key can be used to start and drive ANY Accord of the same year as the key wears down. In my GM vehicles, the correct key would not work once it got worn.

#16 ·
When we were looking for our 07 T&C, one of the dealers had 2 on his lot with the factory installed DVD systems. Which were missing due to theft. The headliner and dash were ripped up. He said we could purchase once they were repaired.... :Wow1: Ummmmmmmmm.......we'll pass thanks....

#21 ·
If not mistaken, that LCD screen isn't used just for navigation. With that 20 gig hard drive, you not only can store music, but photos to view on that screen. If you have the DVD, you can also show video on that screen when the van is not in motion. Also view what's behind you when you back up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.