The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

New Town & Country

3K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Cherry Baby 
#1 ·
Hello all, first time poster, but have been lurking for awhile. Just picked up my T&C Touring about an hour ago from the dealer. 12 miles on the odometer. I only did a brief forum search but are there any break-in procedures?
I plan to avoid hard braking for the first 200 miles. Vary the speed and engine load first 500 miles. I don't plan on driving it hard and would like to have this van last.

#4 ·
Welcome and here's to many miles of happy driving. :beerchug:
Hope to see you around here for years to come.

As for breaking it in just take it easy for a while.

#5 ·
Welcome fellow new van owner! I just got mine in April and Love It! :)

Just about to roll over 1000 miles. As you can tell, it sits in the garage most days, but maybe over the extended weekend we can get out for a nice drive on Friday or Saturday. I have done the nice and easy driving with a few full throttle accelerations from time to time, just as the owners manual says. Don't feel strange about not finding things in the manual right off the bat. I have gone thru the same frustration. I like the OLDER owners manual formats better. This one seems like they tried to make it Fancy or something. 715 pages in the PDF file!!! With so many variations, options, and features, there is a lot of information to cover in these manuals. Getting good at using the CD copy or a PDF of the online manual and use CTRL+F to find words I'm searching for.

I plan to change out the engine oil a bit sooner than they advise and get Full Synthetic in there just to feel that I'm giving it everything I can to make sure it lasts. I have also been a MotorKoter with all my vehicles and power equipment for the last 5-10 years. Maybe it is a can of snake oil, but what the heck? I do wish the transmission had a calibrated dipstick just so I can see the fluid and be sure it is still nice and pink and at the right level. There are threads that cover the non-existent dipstick and they are easy to find.

Have a great time getting to know your new van! This is MY first ownership of a T/C Van, even though I have rented them for business trips and family road trips.

My mother & father had a T&C Van that they used for several years traveling around during retirement. It got passed on to my sister after my Mom passed away and my Dad went to a Senior Living Center. He had a stroke that impaired his vision in one eye, but he still felt he could drive OK. (???) :confused: My sister now uses the van to take Dad to all his medical appointments; she keeps it at her house and it is just nice to know he no longer has the keys and is no longer out driving around by himself.

This forum is great and I am learning lots of interesting things about my first T&C van as well.

Congratulations and Best regards,

#7 ·
Welcome fellow new van owner! I just got mine in April and Love It! :)

Don't feel strange about not finding things in the manual right off the bat. I have gone thru the same frustration. I like the OLDER owners manual formats better. This one seems like they tried to make it Fancy or something. 715 pages in the PDF file!!! With so many variations, options, and features, there is a lot of information to cover in these manuals. Getting good at using the CD copy or a PDF of the online manual and use CTRL+F to find words I'm searching for.
When I bought my van 2 years ago I called the Chrysler customer service # and asked for paper owners manuals. They sent me several including a 700+ pager for free in just a few days.
This is SOOO much nicer than dealing with the PDF version.
LINK:
http://www.chrysler.com/webselfservice/chrysler/index.html

#6 ·
Welcome and good luck with your new incredibly versatile vehicle!! Wishing you many miles of smiles.....

#8 ·
Welcome to the Site, and Don't be afraid to Ask Questions! You will Greatly Enjoy your New Van! As was mentioned before, Very Versatile, and Very Easy To Use! As was mentioned in another thread, I and my Van, have "Gone To The Dogs, Actually Greyhounds" in my case. When you get a chance Post some pictures of your Van!

And, again, Welcome to the Site! :ThumbsUp:

#13 ·
Welcome to the forum, and congrats on your new van. May it bring you many smiles with every mile.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.