2005 Town and Country door lock problem

ChryslerMiniVan.net is the premier Chrysler Minivan Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2005 Town and Country door lock problem

Thanks

Question 2005 Town and Country door lock problem

I have a 2005 Town and Country minivan. Lately the automatic door locks will not work. The button on the door nor the remote key will not lock them but I can lock them manually or use the key in the lock to lock the drivers side door and the lift gate door. Any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler Minivan Forums
    Advertisements

Thanks

Not up on the particulars on your system but it appears in true Chrysler fashion, they have integrated nearly all functions of the door lock system into the Body Control Module better known as the BCM. No relays in generation 4 vans. What that boils down to is instead of spending $10 on a relay you now spend $300 on a BCM.

Besides the BCM you could have a wiring problem or...find the IOD fuse in the fuse box next to the battery. It may be labeled "Memory". Remove it for a few minutes then reinstall it. This will reset the BCM and hopefully your door locks.

I'm assuming the locks won't lock from either of the front door switches.
    ******** We took the time to answer your post. Please give us some time and post the fix. You'll help hundreds. ********

**** Follow all prescribed safety procedures before attempting any repairs. If in doubt, refer to a maintenance manual. ****

96 Gr Caravan LE 3.8, 206K miles
    07 Fusion / 06 RAV 4 / 06 Accord / 94 Camry

Thanks

same problem

Quote Originally Posted by witchywoman View Post
    I have a 2005 Town and Country minivan. Lately the automatic door locks will not work. The button on the door nor the remote key will not lock them but I can lock them manually or use the key in the lock to lock the drivers side door and the lift gate door. Any ideas?
    I have the exact same problem. I can remove the iod fuse and plug back in and the locks will work one or two times then quit again. Some have said the problem is in the body control module but I belive it's a bad connection somewhere. Anybody have a solution?

Thanks

This has been a constant problem on my van too. The BCM has been replaced 3 times I think. The have reflashed it or reprogrammed it. Replaced the front lock switches. It has been almost a year and they still don't work right. Pulling the IOD fuse usually resets mine for about a week.

I have it sceduled for another dealer visit on OCt 7th.

Replacing the battery helped for along time. Check your battery and connections.

Allen
    2005 T&C Touring. 3.8L Midnight Blue. 139K

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by katoranger View Post
    This has been a constant problem on my van too. The BCM has been replaced 3 times I think.
    Wow. 3 BCM's! That sounds expensive. The BCM's are supposed to be able to do some level of self diagnostics... did any codes show up saying that the BCM was bad?

Advice: if they want to replace it again, try a different shop.

My other thought is that if the BCM is dying this frequently, there is probably something else wrong, other than y our door locks. The door locks may simply be a symptom.
    2009 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT (3.8L), Light Sandstone Metallic, 125K miles
    2005 Volvo XC70, 160K miles

Previous van: 2002 Chrysler T&C, eX (3.8L)

Thanks

I haven't paid for a one yet. All been on the dealer/chrysler. The problem was found shortly after I got the van home from purchasing it.

They thought it was the door lock switches and replaced them. Still not working right.

We will see.

Allen
    2005 T&C Touring. 3.8L Midnight Blue. 139K

Thanks

Hi, it's a temporary fix but worked on my 2005 touring. Disconnect the -'ve battery lead - leave off for ten minutes and then re-connect. Gary

+ Reply to Thread