Will Chrysler 300/Dodge Charger Wheels fit?

ChryslerMiniVan.net is the premier Chrysler Minivan Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Will Chrysler 300/Dodge Charger Wheels fit?

Thanks

I've been running my setup for several seasons now without any problems.
    The lower offset increases track width. Hellaflush look and performance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler Minivan Forums
    Advertisements

Thanks

darn that looks good! what year rims is that from do you know? and what size tires are you using?

Thanks

I don't know what year they are from. I'm running 235/55/17's

Thanks

Just curious how this setup is still working. Very interested in doing this.
    2005 Dodge Caravan SXT 95000miles (Sold) You were a great van Violet.

2007 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 69000miles

1988 Subaru DL 213000miles

1999 Chevy Tahoe LT 181000miles

Did you ever feel like the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes.

Thanks

A couple years ago i bought a set of chrome r/t 18" wheels and flipped them for a quick buck .

sort of wish i had them now for the sport!
    2006 Town@Country loaded up!

2005 grand stow@go Judi's new blue ride

Thanks

the difference in lug spacing also depends on what engine is installed, number of doors, sport or not ect..... I found this out when i purchased a set of front wheel bearings for my aunt's 05 stratus. I got online and bought a set off of ebay not really reading everything and when they came they where for the 2 door car and had the larger lug spacing and would not bolt onto the car .... same year, same engine just 2 less doors ........ as far as back spacing effecting bearings and what not you will get a little less life out of them but it's not like you'll install a set of wheels and the next day the bearing fails.

If someone is seriously thinking about getting non OEM wheels they should invest in a bolt pattern measuring device to make sure that they are getting a set of wheels that will actually fit thier needs instead of getting the wheels home and realizing they will not work.. They are under 20 bucks online
    Current:
    2002 Chrysler Town and Country 3.3 - wife's car
    2001 Chevrolet S10 - Daily driver, custom paint, work truck
    1981 AMC Eagle Kammback - restoration toy

"if you con't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem"

Thanks

Yes they will bolt up. We just got a 2005 Magnum R/T with the 18" wheels. We needed snow tires for it, so I found 3 18" Charger steel police rims locally. Then we bought a set of Firestone Winterforce snow tires off Craigslist; 2 of which were mounted on a pair of AWD Chrysler 300C rims. We couldn't use the AWD rims on our RWD R/T because the inner tire rubs the plastic inner fender/body. When I was changing to the snow wheels on our Town & Country I had a little fun. First I put one of the Charger Police rims on the front and it fit nice (tire is obviously too big though). I believe the offset is 33mm and it's an 18x7 wheel. Then I tried a bare AWD rim. Bolts up fine, clears the brake caliper and clears the strut by only half an inch? I would use a 1/4" spacer with it
    DAN(husband of member STEPHANIE)

2000 Chrysler Town & Country Limited - Dark Charcoal Metallic with chrome trim, taupe leather interior, loaded. In need of rust repair on rockers and liftgate. Now enjoying the new family mommy-mobile!

Knowledge can never be wisdom without experience.
    "Your experience is a commodity."
    "Opportunity is not a lengthy visitor."
    DRIVE = LOVE

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Road Ripper View Post
    Yes they will bolt up. We just got a 2005 Magnum R/T with the 18" wheels. We needed snow tires for it, so I found 3 18" Charger steel police rims locally. Then we bought a set of Firestone Winterforce snow tires off Craigslist; 2 of which were mounted on a pair of AWD Chrysler 300C rims. We couldn't use the AWD rims on our RWD R/T because the inner tire rubs the plastic inner fender/body. When I was changing to the snow wheels on our Town & Country I had a little fun. First I put one of the Charger Police rims on the front and it fit nice (tire is obviously too big though). I believe the offset is 33mm and it's an 18x7 wheel. Then I tried a bare AWD rim. Bolts up fine, clears the brake caliper and clears the strut by only half an inch? I would use a 1/4" spacer with it
    This forum and it's completely STUPID 15 minute edit limit!!! CHANGE IT ALLREADY! Give us at least a WEEK to edit posts, and it will do WONDERS for the quality of posts and the forum in general. GRRR!

Okay, enough of my rant. Where the heck was I?

Oh, the spacer. I have to use it with longer front studs from a Ford Taurus and the Timken hub with recessed stud heads. This gives me enough thread with a spacer to run my 3rd gen Limited rims safely, and be able to clear the 4th gen bigger front calipers. Should work just as well with the AWD rims to make a little room for the tire. The AWD rim measures 18x7.5 with 45mm offset.

I'm not afraid of the .7mm lug spacing difference. If you are, I have seen conical seat washers that are offset-drilled and use a flat seat lugnut to relieve stress on the stud. BMW guys use them because they have 120mm spacing and some wheels are 120.7mm, same difference we have.

Thanks

that looks awesome! nice stance

p.s: 300m (and Intrepid etc) had 114.3 bolt patterns....the "new style" 300/Charger/Magnum have 115mm. These bolt patters usually interchange, as they're very close...and there's a bit of wiggle room.

I'm a little confused though, because some of the 3rd gen had 5x100 (because I know lots of people that put Neon rims on their van), but I had 3rd gen wheels on my 4th gen, and they had the same pattern. Is it just the 14'' 96-00 Caravans that had 5x100?
    Last edited by Jon Mopar; 01-14-2013 at 12:15 AM.

Magic wagons

Thanks

someone needs to try to stuff some SRT8 rims under one of these hahaha

Magic wagons

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply