The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

mopar video

5K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  flybyy 
#1 ·
does anybody have the mopar factory video system in their van? Its the console that mounts on the floor and the roof mount flip screen? I was curious to see a pic of it. Also, will the 2001+ version mount in a Gen III?? Ben

#2 ·
Going to resurrect my original post.. I just bought a dvd player for the van. I would like to mount the player either in the dash somewhere or in a floor console. Does anyone have a center console video? or just a center console. As before, will the 2001 and up consoles fit into a 98? Also, what parts do you need to install, floor brackets etc? photos would be good too if you have it.. see previous post.. basically same question.. thx.. Ben

#3 ·
I don't have the DVD system in my wife's van and I don't think the console will fit between the seats on the Gen III vans. I don't think there is enough room for them.

Good Luck

#4 ·
Unfortunaltely you are correct. It would fit except for the tumor on the side of the passenger seat that is like a glove box .. sort of?. anyhow.. still looking for clever ideas on how to mount this thing in here. dont want to just have it under the seat or something.. any cool roof mounts or dash conversions anyone has seen?

#5 ·
roof structure

Ok, I think I have sorted out how to mount the player. What I am looking for now is to mount the screen. Does anyone have a manual that shows the sub structure for the roof on a 98 TC? I would rather know where the extra metal is before I start ripping out the headliner.. Ben

#6 ·
ok... finally did it...
I didnt want to mount the player under the seat.. just seemed cheesy to me.. so..
I bought a console to cut up from ebay for 10 bucks.. it didnt fit, so..

I ended up modifying both the seats to fit my console..
and the console to fit the player..
the monitor install is easy, if you drop down the light assemblies in the roof for the mid seats you can see up inside enough to understand where to cut and drill..
Then pop out the christmas tree clip that holds the middle of the head liner and off you go...
I ran the wires down the middle post and under the rug to the console.
I ended up making some plywood mount points to go under the rug because where I needed to drill was over some wire trays in the floor..
tooks a few days to sort it all out and to mod the seats.. but came out ok..
IR wireless headsets.. rechargeable.. yay.. no batteries..
dvd, and lots of outputs for headphones, playstation etc...
the flash makes the colors of tan look funny... looks better in person...

Attachments

#13 ·
Thx man.. but truly it was quite easy.. go for it.. units now are sooo cheap.. you can get a great unit and put it in for under 500 bucks..
I got this sony from ebay for 375..
now you can buy rechargeable headphones, so they dont suck up all your money in batteries..
my next project is to wire a 120V plug in so the 4 sets of headphones can charge in the van while its sleeping...
I'll keep ya posted on that one..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.