The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

2007 Town & Country Lights Flickering

21K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  chip 
#1 ·
Hi new to the post. I have a 2007 Chrysler Town & Country Limited 7000 miles and have a problem with lights flickering Chrysler bought back my 06 for this problem at 3000 miles. Dash, headlights, dome, & tail lights all flicker. I took in 2nd time now and the filed rep from chrysler looked at it and demed it undriveable but they let me pick it up. They told me both times to stop useing my heated seats. I have been pulled over once for it because the cop thought that i was flashing my lights at him, its that bad. I was wondering if anyone esle has had this problem and what they did about
Thanks
Paul:help_wsig

#2 ·
If a representative from Chrysler deemed it undriveable, bring it back to the dealership, park it, and insist on a loaner car until they fix it. If their recommendation (Chrysler's) is that you can't drive the car, they've backed themselves into fixing it. I would get insistent with them.

And welcome to the forum!

#3 ·
Hi, I'm also new here, and had a similar problem although from your description probably not as bad. All lights flickered, it was most noticeable in the headlights, overhead lights, and gear indicator. Very annoying. I have an 05 Dodge SE+.

Turned out the battery ground cable was corroded. After cleaning it up no problems. I have a hard time believing a dealer couldn't find or diagnose a bad ground, but I've heard of worse.

#4 ·
They replaced the battery the last time I had it in and it still does the samething. The flickering is as bad as a strobe light. This is pretty horrible for a almost $40,000 van and they tell you to stop using the heated seats. The last time I checked that was one of the reason that I bought the van.

#10 ·
I've read of corrosion at the Front Control Module (FCM) connection to the Inteligent Power Module (IPM) (fuse box next to battery) causing lights problems. The FCM is on the front of the IPM. Might check there.

#11 ·
I have the same problem, but my mechanic and I have not found a solution yet. Replaced the battery, alternator, and fuse panel so far, still happening. If it won't start, you can reset it by disconnecting and reconnecting the ground to the battery. All connnections are tight too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.