power door lock actuator

ChryslerMiniVan.net is the premier Chrysler Minivan Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: power door lock actuator

Thanks

power door lock actuator

Hello all,

New to the forum. I have a 2001 Town and Country LX. I need to replace the driver side sliding door power door lock actuator. Is this a dealer only item and does anyone know about how much they cost?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler Minivan Forums
    Advertisements

Thanks

I have the same van and the same problem. From what research I've done seems I can only get this from the dealer at a whopping $105...what a rip-off. Did you end up finding anyplace cheaper?

Thanks

Hi, what is your sliding door doing? I have an 02 T&C and the drivers side sliding door will pop open but not power back. What I read is that it is the latch. Is that your problem? I found one for $136.

Quote Originally Posted by karldergrosse View Post
    Hello all,

New to the forum. I have a 2001 Town and Country LX. I need to replace the driver side sliding door power door lock actuator. Is this a dealer only item and does anyone know about how much they cost?
    ==========================================
    2002 Town & Country Lxi - Red
    2002 Honda Civic Ex

Thanks

I don't have power doors, my problem is the power door lock for the slider.

CCARBO---I found a great site that shows exactly how to fix the latch if you haven't already done it. Says he got his latch for $78.75 from WholesaleMopar.com.

http://redhouseon7th.com/howto/2001C...air/index.html
    Last edited by 13ducati13; 04-22-2008 at 08:25 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ccarbo View Post
    Hi, what is your sliding door doing? I have an 02 T&C and the drivers side sliding door will pop open but not power back. What I read is that it is the latch. Is that your problem?
    I also have the same van and the same problem, while I am still under warranty, lucky me... next month my mechanic will fix that for free... I'll be back with details...
    2002 Town and Country LXI - 3.3L - 133,000 miles
    1988 Dodge Grand Caravan LE - 3.0L - 270,000 miles (Gone but never forgotten)

Thanks

I fixed mine, and it broke, and I fixed it again, and it broke... see any pattern here?

Thanks

My Mom just traded in her leased 2006 Dodge Caravan. Her doors were constantly being repaired. The service manager said he NEVER has any problems with the doors not opening/closing. I told her he should come and check out this forum.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 13ducati13 View Post
    My Mom just traded in her leased 2006 Dodge Caravan. Her doors were constantly being repaired. The service manager said he NEVER has any problems with the doors not opening/closing. I told her he should come and check out this forum.
    When our van was new, the doors did NOT open. Many many trips to the dealer to get it fixed. I gave up on the power locks after many repairs. The service manager also told us that they never have any problems with the doors. One day when I was picking the van up he was telling the woman in front of me that they never have any problems with the sliding doors...
    In fairness though, that dealer does not rank high in honesty.

Thanks

I hate to add my voice to this but I have had two previous Caravans....a 91 and a 96 and both had the power door lock actuator problem....the ironic part was that I for some reason saved the old ones after replacement and you could take the broken part of one and when compared it to the second broken one...and you could almost glue things in place....key words...almost. They both broke in exactly the same place...seems like a pattern to me

Thanks

Well, I was wondering. I just registered to this site because i am curious about the door lock for the Passenger Sliding door on my 02 TnC Touring Edition. i have almost 130K miles on it, but the Lock on it seemed seized up. it will not lock and unlock with the power button, nor can i manually pull it up. im sure it has to be the power lock motor in the door. i guess i am asking the question if anyone has had this happen before. it did work at one point in the winter last year when it was cold, but this year it did not so im assuming it went completely dead.

+ Reply to Thread