The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

Found a way around the MyGig video

9K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  boiler rat 
#1 ·
Im not sure if this has been posted here or not but I found a cool way to get around the MyGig shutting the picture off in the front when you put the car in gear.

Start the movie before you put the car in gear and push the "Audio" button so it brings up the adjustments for the front to rear and left to right on the screen...Now with that on the screen put the car in drive and push "done" on the screen..

Now the movie will play in the front on the MyGig!!! Cool huh!!! :headbange After that you can only turn the volume up or down..If you touch the screen for any other reason the screen will go back to the lock out and the movie will go away..

Be careful!!! I only did this so my wife could watch the movie on a trip..I wont be watching and driving!!!! I prefer my MP3 player to drown out the kids and complaints on long trips!!!:music765:

There are several companies that make add ons to get around this safty feature on the MyGig but all I have found start out at @ $300.....:dollar:

#2 ·
I just found a post on here with this same info!!!! Sorry, didnt mean to be rippin off others ideas and passin them on as my own...I knew I read this SOMEWHERE but I didnt think it was on here....I just tried it last night for the first time and guess I got premature posting syndrome!!!!! Sorry!!!

#5 ·
Here is the first post from cablexguy:

Try this:

1. While in Park, bring up the DVD on the front console and start watching the video.
2. Push the Audio button to bring up the balance adjust menu.
3. Put the tranny in Drive and start driving.
4. Push Done on the Audio screen. My system reverts to the playing DVD instead of the standard MyGig menu.

Note - subsequent DVD function or touching the screen reverts but if you leave it alone it plays along smoothly.

Drive responsibly!

That should work on your minivans.

#7 ·
I dunno....It works on mine...are you putting the car IN drive WHILE the audio screen is on..(front to rear, left to right adjustment) and NOT pushing done until after the car is in drive? You have to go ahead and start the movie, then hit the audio button, while the audio adjustment screen is up put the car in drive, and after in drive and going down the road hit the done button on the adjustment screen...?????It works great on mine..

#9 ·
I tried this too, and it doesn't work for me.

I'll try it again today to see if anything has changed since I updated the Mygig.

#12 ·
Doesn't work for me either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.