The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

Bendix Ceramic Brake Pads is Made in China

13K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  TurboRev 
#1 ·
It is brake time. I Ordered both front and rear Bendix Ceramic Brake Pads for ’12 Caravan. Upon visual inspection, I found that the Bendix Ceramic Brake Pads ae made in China.

Then I went Auto Zone, I bought top of the line in house, Duralast C-Max Gold ceramic brakes pads. Upon visual inspection, the brake pads is made in India.

For those components to stop a moving vehicle, I don’t want associate them with Dollar Tree’s and Wal-Mart’s items.

So, Where is the next auto parts store?

#4 ·
The Wix oil filters for these vans are made in Poland.
The Hastings air filters are made in China, the cabin filters are Korean.
There is almost no getting away from this anymore.

#5 ·
It is brake time. I Ordered both front and rear Bendix Ceramic Brake Pads for ’12 Caravan. Upon visual inspection, I found that the Bendix Ceramic Brake Pads was made in China.

Then I went Auto Zone, I bought top of the line in house, Duralast C-Max Gold ceramic brakes pads. Upon visual inspection, the brake pads was made in India.

Here is the suggestion:

When you install Bendix pads, DO NOT use pad retainer clips from Bnedix package, they DO NOT fit in the brake caliper. Use OEM or old clips, you will save a lot time. I spend almost 1 hr to fight one set brake pads to seat pads into the Chinese made clips.

See attached both labels on package.

For those components to stop a moving vehicle, I don’t want associate them with Dollor Tree’s and Wal-Mart’s items.

So, Where is the next auto parts store?

#8 ·
I used NAPA Ultra Premium ceramic pads at the first change, they had good stopping power, but were worn out after 10,000km. I've just put a set of Duralst Gold semi-metallics on from Autozone, I've only done about 350km so far, but they certainly need a lot more pedal pressure to get the same stopping power as the NAPAS. IIRC the NAPA pads a Canadian made.

#9 ·
You sound like a perfect candidate for a HD brake upgrade.
PS: How can you post as a "Guest"??
Unless it's just a fluke, it read; " fluxgate/Guest" on your post??:confused:

#10 ·
It looks like there is some strange things going on with the site lately.
redundant threads, guest able to post, threads that would let me post to them then they disappear. :sorcerer:

Reactions: UN4GTBL
#14 ·
#16 ·
Welcome to the site SheildArc.

The factory wheels on my 13 Limited have "made in China" cast right onto them.

That how big business keeps the prices down.
Like it or not, Its just a way of life these days.........................

#19 ·
Brake Pads Lifespan

Report back to the thread I started:

Installed India made Bendix Ceramic front and rear brake pads in Aug. 2014 with 45,500 miles on the clock. Until Apr. 2017, around 14000 plus miles on the road with Bendix pads, the driver-side front pad on piston-side ends up metal to metal contact with rotor, no more friction materials; the thickness of passenger-side front pad on piston-side is less than a coin (quarter). Even the worn-out indicators (a thin metal clip) were gone, never heard that thin sheet metal scratching rotor noise until recently the pad back plate contacted rotor. The van is 60% hi-way and 40% local driving pattern.

This time, I went to Auto Zone Gold Duralast pads, still, they are made in India, but with Life Time Warranty.

See the pictures:

#20 ·
You need to buy Akebono, which are the best street brake pads and made in the USA. Read the reviews on Amazon. You want to replace the front and rears, as I learned. My front wheels with OEM pads looked grimy from brake dust and changing to Akebono in front made the rear wheels look comparatively dirty, so I replaced the rear pads with Akebono as well. Now my wheels stay clean.

#21 ·
I've had good luck with the Raybestos Advanced Technology (ceramic) on the rears, which is a step up from their Professional Grade line of brakes. I had difficulty finding them for the fronts though, so I went with PowerStop this last time for both rotors and their Z36 "Truck & Severe Duty Towing" pads. They are a step up from PowerStop's regular Z23 "sport" pads and are a carbon fiber/ceramic hybrid pad. Not too dusty and have worn pretty well for me. Can find both fairly easily on Amazon or Rock Auto or other online retailers.

Can never go wrong with Akebono though.

I've had terrible luck with Napa ultra premium line of front brakes on this van, and I generally like Napa. Just not their brakes for this vehicle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.