The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

2002 T/C Replacement heater hoses

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  1994 Sport 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I just did a bit of preventative maintenance to my 2002 T/C Limited last week, but I haven't been able to find a source for my heater hoses.

My van is pristine underneath, and the cooling system has been cared for, so the metal pipes are in great shape - I just need to find the rubber, other than the straight runs of course. The dealer only lists the complete assemblies which are a couple of hundred dollars, so I was hoping someone who has been in a similar situation can point me in the direction of a source for these. The old ones feel surprisingly good, but they are original and I can help but to think they are living on borrowed time.

Thanks in advance for any help!

#2 ·
#4 ·
I see nothing at the link.
The rubber sections are simply connected to the metal tubes with thin crimp ferrules. That was faster & better for the factory than using hose clamps, but you can easily cut off the ferrules and add new hose w/ hose clamps. Since the sections are so short and hard to get to, I use high-quality silicone heater hose (5/8"), which you can buy on ebay. I like blue, but you can get black for a sleeper look. Should last forever and flexible so easier to slip on. Use special silicone hose clamps (Euro ones work) since regular screw type will cut into the hose.

#5 ·
From the link you need to input your vehicle info to see the parts.
Bulk hose is just not suitable for all curved hose applications. For some of these you will have to buy the specified hoses or risk a restriction/no flow condition due to the hoses kinking.

#7 ·
There is a bulk hose with a wire insert that can be bent to shape for curves.

Reactions: 1994 Sport
#8 ·
And those are listed in the Gate catalog page for this appilcation as well.
Those still will not allow a tight enough bend to use bulk in place of some molded hoses.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.