The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

Where do I find 2001 Caravan Cabin Air Filter "COVER"

18K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  JCamasto 
#1 ·
I bought my caravan a year or so ago, and JUST realized that the cabin filter COVER is missing:angry1:.
There is obviously no filter in the void, and I really don't care too much about that. I just need to get a cover.
Without the cover, cold air blows into the cabin, and more importantly, onto my wife's feet.
So, I have three important questions. Where do I find this part? What is it's part number? What should I expect to pay for it?

#2 ·
newdodgeparts.com is a good place to look, as they have several diagrams and the full parts list. They have good prices, but poor customer service. Look in the body parts section. On eBay, there is a national auto salvage company called LKQ, which I'm sure they can source one too.

#4 ·
When I 1st read this I laughed, but it is up and under the dash, no one but you (and us :biggrin:) would know.

#5 ·
Without the cover, cold air blows into the cabin, and more importantly, onto my wife's feet.
I don't think that covering that opening will make any difference here. The same air that comes thru that opening is coming thru the vents anyway. The major reason for covering that opening is that it is probably taking alot of air away from the upper vents and the defrost area.

#6 ·
The cabin filter is "upstream" of the heater core. That is, unconditioned air (cold in winter, hot in summer) would escape from an open filter access door - as well as diminish conditioned air flow to all other (front) vent outlets.

----

I have a used spare - partially missing a tab, but it could be made to work - especially if you glue/tape/seal it in place.... Make me an offer.

-Jim

#7 ·
The cabin filter is "upstream" of the heater core. That is, unconditioned air (cold in winter, hot in summer) would escape from an open filter access door - as well as diminish conditioned air flow to all other (front) vent outlets.
You are correct Jim. I went in and looked it up in the book - AFTER I stuck my foot in my mouth. :rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.