The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

What is that black box located above the windshield in the middle of the roofline?

6K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  blupupher 
#1 ·
My van doesn't have it, but both of the loaners they gave us while it was in the shop did. I noticed both loaners wer 06s too so the it may be something only on the 06-07 models. Also the loaners were stripped down models to so it is not a sattelite antenna.

It is about 2x3 inches or so.

I am just curious.

Allen

#6 ·
Ours has the satellite radio receiver up there as well. Sirius comes standard on a lot of 'em these days. I liked it so much, I bought a small portable one for my STS.

#8 ·
I am not ready for pay radio yet. It might be nice for those who spend their day in the vehicle to be able to listen to their favs.
It's funny, our 2007 came with the free one year subscription and at first I thought I would have no use for it.

However, on our trip from NY to FL this summer it was great to have access to the same stations for the entire trip, especially with the kids.

Even in town, its nice to have the instant access to various music genres. I still don't think I'll renew after the year but I've definately used it more than I would have guessed.

#9 ·
Yeah, we're still on the free subscription on ours, and after about 3 days, I decided to put Sirius in my car as well. There's no talk on music stations, essentially no commercials, and as Pappy said, you're ALWAYS in reception, no matter where you go. I listen to channel 2 going in to work, which is Christmas music at this time of year, and channel 128 coming home, which is Dave Moody's "Sirius Speedway" NASCAR talk program.

I really enjoyed it on a recent business trip to Savannah. As soon as Moody came on at 3pm, I tuned into channel 128 and left it there the whole way down. No station-surfing trying to find the best channel, etc.

I, too, never thought I'd pay for radio, but it's really nice.

#12 ·
Yea, our '05 had a few months left on it's free year when we got it, and I thought it was a waste, till it was gone. Never thought I would pay for radio either, but having access to commercial free music, along with the huge selection of channels made me change my mind. I got it for my car also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.