How has the reliability been with your 4th gen? Tell your story...

ChryslerMiniVan.net is the premier Chrysler Minivan Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21

Thread: How has the reliability been with your 4th gen? Tell your story...

Yea, that's what we go by on vehicles that come in for us. She (that rep I made the comment about it burning it all off), used also... To which I explained that what it was consuming, if you split it equally over the 2k miles, would be 2 quarts per 1,000 miles, which would be twice the average...

Anyway, it turned out that the oil control rings were the issue as well as some damaged ring lands if I recall.

GM Technician at a Chevy Dealership

Daily Drivers:
    2015 Chrysler Town & Country Limited Platinum
    2007 Chrysler Town & Country Limited
    2009 Chevrolet Impala SS
    1999 Chevrolet Suburban LT

Garage Queens:
    Main: 2004 Pontiac GTO
    Secondary: 2006 Cadillac STS-V

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler Minivan Forums
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Miron View Post
    I love the feeling while driving the van on highways during my vacations (it is a pilot like feeling) and the versatility as you mentioned but I do not need these feature for daily driving and the low MPG is 'killing' me... I could buy a Toyota Corolla and get a double MPG but to buy an extra car for daily driving is not helping as the extra insurance + expenses would 'kill' all the savings from gas.
    Well, to put it in perspective... My Suburban in city driving is getting ~12mpg (it also has had it's fair share of problems in the past two months, but it is now 18 years old...), my last tank with the van was 15.55mpg. So I feel like a boss getting all that better MPG.

As to the versatility, be it the Suburban or are vans, the seating is constantly being put up/down, so that's why I find it such an important component.

I think I posted in another thread, that I actually like "driving" the '07 more than the '15. Like you, you feel like you're a pilot in it, and it has more "analog" feedback from the steering and suspension, which being a driving enthusiast, I prefer.

Daily Drivers:
    2009 Chevrolet Impala SS

Garage Queens:

Quote Originally Posted by CMNTMXR57 View Post
    Well, to put it in perspective... My Suburban in city driving is getting ~12mpg (it also has had it's fair share of problems in the past two months, but it is now 18 years old...), my last tank with the van was 15.55mpg. So I feel like a boss getting all that better MPG.

As to the versatility, be it the Suburban or are vans, the seating is constantly being put up/down, so that's why I find it such an important component.

I think I posted in another thread, that I actually like "driving" the '07 more than the '15. Like you, you feel like you're a pilot in it, and it has more "analog" feedback from the steering and suspension, which being a driving enthusiast, I prefer.
    Suburban is a 'huge' vehicle and I am not surprised by the low MPG (8 cylinders, right?)... 15.55 is what my van is getting in city driving during the winter but close to 17 MPG during the summer season... before the ethanol stupidity started, MPG was 20% better!

Does your '07 have leather seats? Mine doesn't and it is more comfortable
    2002 Town and Country LXI - 3.3L - 160,000 miles
    1988 Dodge Grand Caravan LE - 3.0L - 273,000 miles (Gone but never forgotten)

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler Minivan Forums
    Advertisements

It is. You don't want to know what the MPG is when I have the plow on and am pushing snow and letting it run while I work outside clearing snow.

Yes. Every option available in '07 except U-Connect and sunroof as we opted for the side curtain airbags (you couldn't get them both, it was one or the other). They're comfortable, but they're just tore to crap, the plastics are all broken off, etc...

Daily Drivers:
    2009 Chevrolet Impala SS

Garage Queens:

Quote Originally Posted by CMNTMXR57 View Post
    It is. You don't want to know what the MPG is when I have the plow on and am pushing snow and letting it run while I work outside clearing snow.
    But they are good enough for the government in Washington

They are not designed for people who are looking how much the gas prices are!

Funny thing, I've been given the green light to get me a newer one this spring. I want a 3/4 ton, preferably with a Big Block, (so that limits me to the GMT800 generation), but for poops and giggles, I browsed what was available in GMT900's and someone has a fully armored, military grade one for sale. $76k still. I tried pitching it to the wife that I would be "safe" in it. She didn't "buy into it"...

Edit: Here, found it...

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...lCode1=CHEVSUB
    Last edited by CMNTMXR57; 01-11-2017 at 02:09 PM.

Daily Drivers:
    2009 Chevrolet Impala SS

Garage Queens:

Is anyone trying to eliminate you?

I love the button: Apply for Credit

Do I count her?

Daily Drivers:
    2009 Chevrolet Impala SS

Garage Queens:

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply