The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

2008 owners - problem with halo lighting?

12K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  spbangerter 
#1 ·
Hello everyone, I am fairly new here, have been lurking for a little while.

We picked up a new Limited last week and there is much to love about it! But there are a couple issues, one of which is the halo lighting around the ceiling console does not seem to work. My husband read in the manual how to turn them on (we seem to refer to the manual(s) alot with this vehicle!) but they don't appear to be working.

Anyone else have this issue?

#2 ·
Put it on your list of things they need to adjust, and when you bring the van in for adjustments, ask them to fix it.

Sounds like it may be a fuse issue. Also, check the price sticker, to make sure it was included.

#3 ·
Halo light work ONLY if the headlights are on, also you need to trun the dimmer up a little bit at least..

What's wrong with reading the manual?? I read the manual of every car I bought cover to cover.... You can find some little things that you won't know about otherwise

#17 ·
I read the manual for my 2019 DGC that said the cupholder halo lighting was controlled by the same dimmer that controls the overhead halo lighting on the overhead console, that I have. There's even a picture. Unfortunately, the van no longer has cupholder halo lighting (I guess Chrysler nixed it as a cost-cutting move) and the manual was never updated properly. So don't always believe the manual.

#4 ·
Daoushy - ha! I'm working my way through the manual, but only up to page 100 or so! I'm getting there.

My husband is the one who looked up how to turn them on, I guess he missed the part about the headlights. Thanks for the info, I appreciate it!

#5 ·
Back to this thread for 2 things -

One is I looked in the owners manual and could not find any indication that the headlights need to be on for the halo lights to work. ??? Maybe I am missing something.

Second is my husband took the van to work today and the halo lights worked at one point and then did not work again later (headlights on the whole time). I guess we have some kind of loose wiring connection. We'll have the dealer take a look.

#6 ·
I knew about the headlights being on by trial and error not the manual :)

If your husband were driving during daylight and had the headlights on AUTO, then the Halo lights will go on and off with the headlights which will go on an off depending on the external light (ex. on inside tunnels, off in teh open road in sunshine)

Otherwise you might have a problem... I hope this helps

#7 ·
The vehicle may also selectively turn on/off the interior lights based on the ambient lighting. My Cadillac does this. If the ambient light is enough outside, but I turn the headlights on anyway, the interior lights (like radio) will not dim. If the ambient light is low, they will dim.

This sounds like what may be happening on the 2008 Town & Country. If your headlights are on AND there's not enough ambient lighting, it will light the halo lighting. If there IS enough ambient light outside, it will not.

Just a guess.

#9 ·
I wish you good luck...

I have a problem with my rear driver side window that need a part.. The part is on national backorder, you know being a new car and all.

I've been waiting for 4 weeks now.. and they don't even know when it will arrive...

#10 ·
Sounds like you have run into some new car glitches, and that they are exaggerated by the fact that it's a brand new model. Hope you get them resolved soon... And hopefully, your rear window is stuck "closed!"

#11 ·
Thanks, I haven't even tried to open it yet :)

The one sure thing is that they will NOT get those 5s in the survey that they are asking me for every time I call

#16 ·
For the interior lights check fuse M20 in the TIPM, but it's likely fine.

Behind the passenger side A-pillar is where there are a few connectors, make sure they are all plugged in. To get to it it's 2 torx screws, T25 or T30 but don't quote me. I believe the one for the interior lights and HALO is the green connector, it could also be the brown connector. The 2 grey connectors are for the overhead VES, since your issues are all for the overhead console, this is where I would look.

Check the connectors first, and hope that is the culprit.

#19 ·
For the interior lights check fuse M20 in the TIPM, but it's likely fine.

Behind the passenger side A-pillar is where there are a few connectors, make sure they are all plugged in. To get to it it's 2 torx screws, T25 or T30 but don't quote me. I believe the one for the interior lights and HALO is the green connector, it could also be the brown connector. The 2 grey connectors are for the overhead VES, since your issues are all for the overhead console, this is where I would look.

Check the connectors first, and hope that is the culprit.
It was indeed a T30. I'm still digging into where I have lost connection. Does anyone know exactly where these wires lead? I need to trace it back one step further

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.