Who all still owns a 1984 to 1990 Dodge Caravan, Plymouth Voyager

ChryslerMiniVan.net is the premier Chrysler Minivan Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Who all still owns a 1984 to 1990 Dodge Caravan, Plymouth Voyager

short frame still looks great Dotyj! That side lift is awesome... I can imagine all the gear loading / unloading ease. Hard to tell is it sky blue and black?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler Minivan Forums
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 1988 View Post
    short frame still looks great Dotyj! That side lift is awesome... I can imagine all the gear loading / unloading ease. Hard to tell is it sky blue and black?
    I love the old ramp. It's worked very well for me.

The body's sort of a sky blue with dark blue trim. I think it looks pretty good except for the hood and the leading edge of the roof which both need repainting.

[IMG]\\curric-server01\staff$\GSpencer\My Documents\111___03[/IMG]
    My van in theUK

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler Minivan Forums
    Advertisements

I bought one of those, an '87 for $400 with the speedo/odo cable broken at 280,000km. It had the Mitsubishi 3.0. I drove the crap out of it for 8 years, only did timing belt and fuel pump. Started best at -30C!. God knows what the mileage was when I scrapped it; only because peripherals were failing (cracked windshield, mirrors falling off, power windows dead, headlight full of water, motor mounts, etc.) driving to the scrap yard I must have hit 180kmh!! My personal favourite.

Quote Originally Posted by blacknflames View Post
    [IMG]\\curric-server01\staff$\GSpencer\My Documents\111___03[/IMG]
    My van in theUK
    Your image can not be seen.

2012 Town & Country
    2006 Dodge Grand Caravan. 317,000 + Miles. -SOLD-
    Current Minivans I own.
    LEVY --UNKNOWN MEMBER--

Friend's dad has a late 80s Grand Voyager (I think it's an 89) rotting away in the driveway. Very poor condition (wood decals ripped off, faded clear coat, lots of green stuff growing on it, interior is filthy, back seats' backs are scratched up but none of the seats are ripped), but no leaks, rust, or damage. Surprisingly, still runs and drives and is used to haul things from time to time.

Last time it's been used was about a year ago, but as of last week it still fired up and moved.
    18 year old high school senior. Really joined this forum for buying advice only (and it isn't even for myself)

Relevant vehicles:

Owned 1991 Grand Voyager LE for a couple of months (it was free) as a project, but too many non-mechanical issues to make it worth working on

Irrelevant vehicles:

2003 "Type-R white" Honda Odyssey EXL, DD and first car, 4th transmission and 239xxx km (looking to get something smaller once I graduate)

Quote Originally Posted by WaRevo View Post
    There is a First Gen 1990 Chrysler Town & Country that sadly I wasn't able to afford to pick up a few months back. When I seen the ad I couldn't believe my eyes and wanted to see it. One asking price was 7999 and when I seen it in person I called everyone I could think of to try and get the money together. Couple of reasons really. First the mans story was heart warming and very sad. and Second the Van looked like it rolled off the showroom floor. 89k miles and was bought new in 1990 by his parents. Still had all the paperwork and the story of how his parents used this van for his ball games, camping trips and all the family outings. His parents passed away 6 months apart from each other in 1999 so for the last 15 years the van has only been driven a few times when he would return home on leave or a few other times that he was around. Miles that he has put on the van he said was less then 4000 miles. Sadly he said there was some things in life that he then needed to sale his assets and sadly the van was one that needed to go.

Now every day i am always looking to see if I can find one. I know I will never find one in the shape that this van was in. I did take a few pictures but need to fix the screen on my old phone so I can get them pictures off. There was no paint pealing or fading. the leather seats were in perfect condition. My hope is to one day find one of these hidden gems and even if it was almost bare and build it back. It has prompted me to start collecting one from each Gen and in first Gen I want the 1990 T&C. Mostly do to the year of my sons birth, but also because it is the year it started with the 3.3 where the 89 has the 3.0.

Would love to see some more pictures of other peoples 1st Gen Vans.
    This is an old reply, I know, but I'm just looking at other replies in this thread and you reminded me of the time I saw one being worked on at a local classic car shop. Mint condition black van with collector plates and everything. Had no idea what was under the hood. Wasn't interested enough to ask about it.

I don't think the '89 T&C ever existed, because from what I learned from a discussion in a Facebook group, the only '89 was a pre production van tested by the EPA and some early brochures on eBay because a May 1989 built production van was VIN'd as a 1990 instead of a 1989 (I believe that a Plymouth or Dodge produced in that month would still be a 1989 since my Grand Voyager was made in May '91 and was not VIN'd as a 1992; therefore this means that a 1989 Town and Country never existed apart from what I mentioned before). So yeah, both the 3.0 and 3.3 vans were 1990 models.
    18 year old high school senior. Really joined this forum for buying advice only (and it isn't even for myself)

Relevant vehicles:

Owned 1991 Grand Voyager LE for a couple of months (it was free) as a project, but too many non-mechanical issues to make it worth working on

Irrelevant vehicles:

2003 "Type-R white" Honda Odyssey EXL, DD and first car, 4th transmission and 239xxx km (looking to get something smaller once I graduate)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply