The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

AC Light/Battery Question

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  CSP 
#1 ·
Had to change the battery in the 98 LXI and once i did it the AC & CIRC lights blink off and on for 30min give or take, then go back to normal. Is there a reset i dont know about? The battery going dead was odd enough. Went to the store van drove fine. Came out,dead. New battery, AC heywire,

#2 ·
While I have yet to need to do this, I've seen posted elsewhere that the following procedure will solve your problem:

With engine on set blower motor to high, set mode position knob to panel (i.e. full left), open all A/C outlets, set temperature to cold (both levers if so equipped). Now press the wash and rear wiper buttons on the A/C panel simultaneously for 5 seconds (until all LED's light). This should get the test started. Assorted lights on this panel will flash as different tests are run. Eventually if the tests are passed the rear wiper LED should be the only light flashing. Push the rear wiper button to exit test mode and you should be home free.

Let us know if this helps. ;)

#3 ·
lights

Follow shipo's instructions and it should fix it , this is a common problem . One way to avoid this is to make sure all the fansm radios etc ... are off before disconnecting the power .

#4 ·
Follow shipo's instructions and it should fix it , this is a common problem . One way to avoid this is to make sure all the fansm radios etc ... are off before disconnecting the power .
You know..., it's entirely possible that I came across those instructions from you at some time in the past (either here or elsewhere). Regardless, they've come in handy on several occasions so "Thanks". ;)

#5 ·
If for some reason you can't reset them...
You will need to go to the stealership and have the Eprom flashed...
That was my first post several years ago...
still twitching from the event now.. years later... 'twitch'.. twitch..

search the archive.. flashy lights, hvac lights etc.. and you will find it..
or search my posts and you will find it as well..
good luck..
hope you reset.. :ThumbsUp:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.