The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

Diagnostic connector pin-out?

10K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  1994 Sport 
#1 ·
Calling for help, I am trying to find the correct wire on my 97 Voyager's diagnostic connector. I want to connect the RKE pin to ground so I can program an additional key fob.
Does anyone know exactly which pin I should be grounding? (Another post says it is a GREEN wire on Pin 1, but my pin 1 is empty. There is a Red wire on pin 16)
Alternatively, where is the Remote Key Entry module located? I've been looking but not finding it behind my glove box.

Any help gratefully accepted!

Regards,
Andrew

#3 ·
Still looking for the RKE module/program enable..

Hi, can ANYONE help me find the Remote Keyless Entry module in my 96 Chrysler Grand Voyager? Yes, it is a Right Hand Drive model.
The 16-pin Datalink connector is black in colour.
I need to ground the "Program enable" wire, so that the Key fob can be programmed.
Apparently this is a green wire that also runs to the Datalink diagnostic connector. But can anyone tell me which pin on the connector it should be? I don't want to destroy anything!

Please, please help! (you are my only hope!)

Andrew

#5 ·
Thanks for your help!

I will take off the top panel cover & see how I go. Thankyou so much for the advice!
Any idea which wire is the programming wire? My haynes manual has a circuit diagram for Remote Keyless Entry on 96 & 97 models with a connection that goes to the BCM labelled "RKE Program Sig", and a colour code of "GRY/BLK". There is another wire labelled "RKE Interface" that also goes to the BCM. This one is labelled LT GRN/RED on the diagram. There is a 3rd connection from the RKE labelled "BLK or BLK/LT GRN" which terminates on the "Instrument panel ground block". There is also a 4th wire from the RKE labelled "PNK" which goes to the "Fused B+" connection on the BCM. (This diagram is on page 12-42 of my Haynes manual) I guess my final question is: do I ground the light green/red wire, or do I ground the Grey/Black wire? Or do I simply connect a jumper between both of these (RKE Program Sig and RKE Interface) to do the programming? Once again, I really appreciate your advice and help with this. (Without access to a programming tool I am hoping this "grounding" of the RKE will enable the programming of a spare keyfob I have been able to buy off Ebay.) Last week the keys got locked in the car by mistake - I notice that if you open the hood while the keys are in the ignition, the vehicle anti-theft system seems to automatically lock the car after a period of time! ....so you can understand my passion for programming the RKE unit! An additional set of keys & keyfob seems to be a good idea.
I am just hoping that some of you good people can advise me on the best way to go about it.
I am planning to remove the upper dash panel and try to find the RKE box & wires next weekend, and hookup a toggle switch to help me do the programming job.
Thanks again for the advice. Any more is very welcome!

Regards
Andrew

#7 ·
here is a link to when I had the same problem..

http://forum.chryslerminivan.net/showthread.php?t=547

here is another link to the TSB, you probably dont have this type, but maybe?

http://dodgeram.info/tsb/2002/08-007-02.htm

If you have EVSII, I think there will not be a green wire... use the first link.. or this one...

http://forum.chryslerminivan.net/showthread.php?t=2784&highlight=keyless

This link for a 97 references a gray / black wire..
http://forum.chryslerminivan.net/showthread.php?t=4042&highlight=keyless

good luck.. when you sort it, post a photo or six..

#8 ·
Fixed!

It all worked as described - connected the switch up to the RKE wires & was able to program another fob. Thanks to all for your help. Any questions welcome.
Regards,
Andrew

#9 ·
It all worked as described - connected the switch up to the RKE wires & was able to program another fob. Thanks to all for your help. Any questions welcome.
Regards,
Andrew
Hi Andrew,

I'm in NZ and we have the exact same model Voyager as you ('97 Grand Voyager, 3.3L).

You've confirmed you have connected a switch up to the RKE and programmed your 2nd remote.
However, you haven't explained the process.

Could you please explain in detail, so I can also do the same?

Thanks,

Scott in NZ

scottbaileynz@gmail.com

#10 ·
Welcome to the site Scott.

Unfortunately this thread from Andrew is 9 years old and he has not been active on this site in over 5 years. :eekkkk:

Hopefully another member will see this and can help you out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.